Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
My daughter decided my 560 was too big to drive to school and all her friends have ML's, so she wanted a ML320. I found her a nice 2000ML320, so I guess I need to sell my 560SEL. I don't really want to, but I can't keep 4 cars. Anyway, I have always kept it up, and I pretty much restored it about 15K miles ago.

I have it on a lot in Arlington Texas, but it is a consignment. Here is a link to the ad.

Millennium Motorcars - 1991 Mercedes-Benz 560 Series 560SEL - Stock# 603064

I want the car to find a good home with a Benz enthusiast.

Thanks,

Ken

91 560 SEL
2000 ML320
2007 E 350 se
2007 ML 350
 

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
kernith said:
Hey,
My daughter decided my 560 was too big to drive to school and all her friends have ML's, so she wanted a ML320. I found her a nice 2000ML320, so I guess I need to sell my 560SEL. I don't really want to, but I can't keep 4 cars. Anyway, I have always kept it up, and I pretty much restored it about 15K miles ago.
That's too bad she doesnt like it... It's much more car than a common ML IMO. Your 560 looks real nice!

Things sure have changed since I was in school. I was forced to drive a beater. It's very nice of you to buy her an ML.
 

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
Joined
·
997 Posts
graftdesign said:
Things sure have changed since I was in school.
Seriously! I'm pretty sure my Buick LeSabre Estate had the same fake wood on the outside as on the inside. Ahh, memories.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, times are tuff for Princess... I worked all summer at a Datsun dealer back in the 70's and saved up a 1000 bucks. I bought a Datsun 1200 they took in trade for the grand. Then one of my mechanic buddies showed me how to jack up the engine, remove the oil pan, and disconnect the pistons. We shoved them up and replaced the rings, honed the cylinders, ground the valves, and put it all back together in an afternoon. I was more proud of that car than any I have owned since. But that 560sel is a piece of art. MB does not make anything as well made as that anymore. I have been fixing up the ML320, replacing fluids and filters, etc, and I was disappointed in the drop in fit and finish and parts quality. The wiring is GM in quality. I had gotten used to that 560SEL. That is a well built ride. The 126 has its troubles, but the basics are right. It goes back together nice and tight when you have to fix something. Oh well, I am glad she has the ESP, all of those airbags in the side doors, sits up higher, etc. And I will use it myself for camping trips. But I will miss the 560. What a classy ride it has been.

Ken
 

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
I can see it now. A year from now you WILL really regret selling the 560. Nice ones are getting harder and harder to find.
 

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
Joined
·
997 Posts
You should ditch the ML and get "her" a Datsun 1200!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! My trouble is the little bride got a nice new Firebird with "T" tops when she was sixteen. So this is just normal... you turn sixteen, you get a nice ride. I got a job... My complaints fall on deaf ears. Can you imagine turning down a freaking clean 560SEL... I am amazed. But then I don't "get" her music either... I am 47 sounding like an old fart now. Who would have thought? Well at least I was able to "just" get her a used car.
 

·
Registered
1985 380SE
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Well, to bring this form the perspective of a younger person, I'm 21 (but a guy, but still I'm closer to young than 47). The I got a job to buy a car thing doesn't really suit girls in this generation if the father can afford to let her have one, BUT I do think that the whole "I don't like this car I want a newer one thing" is only suited for SoCal. I think the fair way is to say "I am willing to spend X dollars on a car for you, you can pick any car you want that is that price, and can put your own money on top of hat if you want."

I get that she wouldn't like a 560SEL, I mean, it's not a girl's car.

Man though, that car looks clean.
 

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
Joined
·
997 Posts
kernith said:
But then I don't "get" her music either... I am 47 sounding like an old fart now.
Don't feel too bad - I'm 26 and sound like an old fart pretty much constantly. I'd rather have the 560 than the ML any day, especially since I do all of the repairs on my own cars. Plus, the acoustics are great for cranking up Oscar Peterson and drowning out all of the fart can rasp from those damn kids...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,074 Posts
I hear you...my daughter is approaching teen years, and she sees all my W126's. But she would prefer a "Ferrari spyder" according to her. Such is the life when you make a girl car-aware I guess!

But get an extended warranty on your ML (I sell them if you need one). Those cars are MAJOR headaches with lots of electrical gremlins.

Good luck, hope you'll be back!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
300se126 said:
Don't feel too bad - I'm 26 and sound like an old fart pretty much constantly. I'd rather have the 560 than the ML any day, especially since I do all of the repairs on my own cars. Plus, the acoustics are great for cranking up Oscar Peterson and drowning out all of the fart can rasp from those damn kids...

Glad to hear a 26 year young likes great jazz!
Did you notice the custom Alpine? Also the custom sub? I also put MBQuarts all around on the inside. The stereo rocks! I thought the stereo alone would sell her on the 560. I hate to loose that stereo! Maybe it will help sell the car...

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
brucemendel said:
But get an extended warranty on your ML (I sell them if you need one). Those cars are MAJOR headaches with lots of electrical gremlins.

Good luck, hope you'll be back!

I did. The dealer included it with the car. Eagle?? It is for 0ne year, 18,000 miles I think. I hope I don't have to find out if it is any good. I know I need a fuel sending unit. Bet they don't cover it..

Ken
 

·
Registered
2005 W220 S500 4Matic / 2008 W211 E350 4Matic
Joined
·
997 Posts
kernith said:
Glad to hear a 26 year young likes great jazz!
Did you notice the custom Alpine? Also the custom sub? I also put MBQuarts all around on the inside. The stereo rocks! I thought the stereo alone would sell her on the 560. I hate to loose that stereo! Maybe it will help sell the car...

Ken
Keep the stereo components! Avoid buyers who buy the car for the radio!!!
 

·
Registered
'90 300 CE, '91 560 SEC, (R.I.P.) '82 300SD (sold)
Joined
·
1,234 Posts
brucemendel said:
I hear you...my daughter is approaching teen years, and she sees all my W126's. But she would prefer a "Ferrari spyder" according to her. Such is the life when you make a girl car-aware I guess!

But get an extended warranty on your ML (I sell them if you need one). Those cars are MAJOR headaches with lots of electrical gremlins.

Good luck, hope you'll be back!
Bruce, Tell your daughter if she's a really good girl, you might let her have the 6.0 SEL. But put the emphasis on "MIGHT".
My daughter is not quite 5 yrs. old, so by the time she's ready for personal transportation I'll probably have to figure a way to run the SEC on hydrogen or solar or something besides premium petrol.
 

·
Registered
1990 560 SEL with Euro engine, 1998 SL500 Sport
Joined
·
2,957 Posts
At least these girls all have good taste!
 

·
Registered
1983 Euro 500SEC AMG, 83 SEC custom convertible, 2x 84 500SEC, 02 w203coupe, euro 1985 300d
Joined
·
1,579 Posts

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
Joined
·
7,218 Posts
brucemendel said:
I hear you...my daughter is approaching teen years, and she sees all my W126's. But she would prefer a "Ferrari spyder" according to her. Such is the life when you make a girl car-aware I guess!

But get an extended warranty on your ML (I sell them if you need one). Those cars are MAJOR headaches with lots of electrical gremlins.

Good luck, hope you'll be back!
Yea my 12yo sister hates my car says it's like a herse...:( But your right I think the S class is more of a mans car, particulary the 126. I would still have got her a 10yo Honda though just to make her aware that beggers can't be choosers.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top