Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
current: 08 GL320 CDI, 05 ML 350, 98 E300, 84 300SD,
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentleman! Iam selling my 92 2.6 and figure I would give the forum 1st crack at it if interested. So let me begin. I got this from my father-in-law last winter with 157k on the clock; it now has 161300. The paint is near mint with new headlight bezels and tires have only 50 miles so far. I put a new exhaust system and new fuel filter and accumulator. Under the hood, a new fan clutch and fan bearing assembly with new serpentine belt. The alt and h20 pump has been replaced from previous owners. There is no oil leaks and looks like the car had a fresh tune-up w/ wires and cap. the ac was converted to 134a and is quite cold. I put on a new coolant tank and t-stat; hoses look new too. Interior: has the beige leather and would rate it as v. good. I put in new mb mats and rebuilt the entire sunroog tracking. When I got the car, it was jammed shut. Subsequently, I rebuilt and greased the entire tracking and motor; works flawlessly now. The window motors and regulators look new; I took the panels off to grease the tracks and fix the door-lock accumulator in the driver side. With exception to the acc burlwood piece which shows a small crack, the console and ash tray burl wood is mint. All the seats controls work except the head cushions; I can hear the motors run but never worried about that since Iam the only one who drives it. Iwill post some more pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are some more pics. The car rides perfectly down the road. NO start issues or suspension problems. The car was dealer maintained to 129k mi via the records I have: Tom Masano MB via Lancaster Pa was the origin. The paint looks as it was repainted not too long ago. F.O.P tag by the rear license plate may have been placed by a police officer..who knows? The stereo is an Alpine CDA 7873 with the BBE tuner. It also has a cord from the front capet to hook an ipod which is what I used than the radio. The antenna comes up w/the radio, however closes when listening to cd or the ipod. It is XM capable too. Was an expensive radio. There are infinity speakers in the doors wi piezo tweeters in the front dash; there are Boston Acoustics crossovers for each side. The rear speakers are infinitys also I think. I paid my father-in-law 2500$ for the car before I started working on it. So, I think a fair price is 2300$ firm. Since I share/receive info here over the past years, it would only be fair to offer it to you guys before posting on Ebay motors. The reason for selling is simple. I have another 190 via my brother that is a 93. It is no way in the condition this one is...but will be. And by the way, the trans starts in 1st and shifts perfect. Fluid is clean. I'll post some more pics:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2300$ firm. I got at least a 1000$ over the 2500$ I bought it for. I just rather deal with techs that know these cars before the car goes to Ebay. Iam in the tri-tate area and fix these cars as hobbies. I' ll post the rest of the pics. PM me if your serious and want to see/drive it.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah..I downloaded the owners manual for the radio. Also, there is a 1" rip in the driver's seat and a slight grease stain by the ipod cable. Just noticed that. Other than that, the interior is near perfect. Car has always been garaged too.

Attachments

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess the color is a repaint of the original....? Looks the same admiral blue:confused:

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
if i wasnt broke i would pick this up in a heartbeat..

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
if i wasnt broke i would pick this up in a heartbeat..
that makes 2 of us :crybaby2: ...beautiful car good luck with the sale

·
Registered
92 190E 2.6
499 Posts
Why do the really nice 190's always pop up when I'm broke?!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey, I feel your pain. After looking at some of these for sale on ebay, I think this a fair $. I cannot believe what they are asking for cars 1/2 this nice. But, I do know a car is only worth what someboby wants to give for it....no matter what it is. Especially in this economy. BTW, it averages about 24.6mpg all highway. Not too shabby..?!:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts