Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-
I'm seriously considering selling my 1983 300SD, I will do a basic run-down of some of the information about the car and I will post pictures soon too. I'm in central New Jersey, a college student and willing to take anything I can get for it at this point. It runs well, but A LOT of things have been replaced, broken and/or need fixing. I would consider the electrical and vacuum systems to be the two biggest problems.

-Odometer broken at 224,235 miles. Probably about 235,000 miles by now.
-Paint job is beautiful (Mercedes maroon, see my profile pic), only a few spots of rust.
-Beige interior
-Passed NJ inspection this summer
-No engine or transmission problems that I know of, the fuel injectors leak a little bit, however
-Recently replaced the shifter valves and bushing on top of the engine block, shifts a lot cleaner.
-Has 1991 style w126 alloy rims in good shape
-Tires probably need to be replaced. Have the original spare.
-Suspension probably needs work
-Has two keys: one for ignition and one for the rest of the car--steering lock completely messed up the system.
-Master lock system just broke
-Replaced most of the fuel lines,
-Recently changed the oil, and air, oil, fuel, and pre-fuel filters.
-Alternator and battery replaced two years ago
-Brake pads recently replaced. Brake system overhauled.
-Replaced glow plugs two years ago
-Replaced windshield wiper motor
-Cruise control has never worked
-Front passenger window does not work
-A few little nicks and dents around the fender etc. Someone vandalized me awhile ago and dented my trunk a bit. Nothing that noticeable.
-Leather in front seats is worn, torn, and has some paint splotches
-Leather in the rear seats is in good condition, with a large tear in one of the seams
-Upholstery is dirty but not in bad shape
-Probably a short in the electrical system. Blower motor usually shorts out the fuse (sadly I've resorted to using a 30 amp GM fuse)
-Climate control is pretty crappy (I haven't even touched it)
-Gauge cluster still works, reserve tank indicator is on all the time for some reason.
-Sunroof still works
-Glove box comes open sometimes
-Replaced OEM stereo with Sony MP3/CD Head Unit
-Replaced front speakers with Blaupunkt speakers
-Antenna does not move- mast was replaced but motor is still busted

I'm new to this so I'm sure I am omitting something, or whatnot. But, I would like the car to have a good home, not the junkyard. It would be a great project car, or good for parts. If you're in the NY/NJ area and you're interested PM me, we'll see if we can work something out. If you have any other questions, let me know. I'll probably post some pictures this weekend.

-Anthony

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
hm, I'm with you on the pix.

sounds good, not excellent but still very nice automobile from what you've said so far.

is there a chance that you will fix some of the funky stuff?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pictures part I

sorry this took so long, I've been pretty sick and busy with school. Here are the pictures. Again any questions, send me a message.

-Anthony

Attachments

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,263 Posts
A picture of the drivers seat is missing.
You should probably post this in the 'for sale' forum.
Good luck.

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts