Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I inherited a 1977 280 SE from my grandfather, and while I love the car, I can not afford to keep it. I do not want to sell it for parts, and would prefer to have it kept intact. The car was imported from Germany in 1984, and is fully outfitted with European parts. Anyway, I've been attempting to find an asking price for how much I can get the car for. However, because of the rarity of the model, I am unable even to find it listed. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. [email protected] or post here. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
hi, I have done some research on prices for a 280SE? I think you can put a price ...

hi,

I have done some research on prices for a 280SE.
I think you can put a price on it between $4000 and
$7500, depends on the condition of the car.
NOTE: I did research on the prices on the european market, so because the car is so rare there in the U.S.A, I think you could ask a lot more for it though.

I'd try $10-12000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little High?

That sounds pretty high to me. I'm not in anyway qualified to make such a judgement, but the car has trouble in cold weather, has 235k miles on it, and needs repair work (mostly minor). I know that it's totally European outfitted, and that that is very rare. With this new information do you have another estimate or do you stand by your initial quote? Also, do you know where I would be best off selling it, seeing as I don't want it to be sent in for parts (I'm somewhat attached to the car emotionally.)

Last question, why can I not find the car listed on this site? And what is the W123.. thing... mean? I'm simply curious as to if I'm in the right forum or not.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz
2,245 Posts
yes, this changes the price indeed, I thought the car was in excellent condition,
howev...

yes, this changes the price indeed, I thought the car was in excellent condition,
however, I estimate around $5000, $6000, $7000.
okey, there are some repairs to it and it has a lot of miles, but you wouldn't underestimate the rarety of the car, wich does a lot in the price.

To sell the car, I'd go to www.ebay.com.
but you should put the starting price at the minimum you want for it, I'd say $3000?

youre 280SE is a W116, but because there aren't enough forum reactions on the car, they don't put it here. The W123 is from the same period of the W116, but it's just a modell smaller --> mid-sized sedan/stationwagon.

well, I hoped I helped you a bit, good luck selling youre precious car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.