Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

self leveling working?

867 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Peter Guenther
I recently bought a 92 300SE 3.2. Great condition but i was wondering if these cars where equipped with the self leveling device that lowered the car at higherspeeds. Ive seen other 92-93's and while moving are alot lower, could it be that my system isnt working? could it be just a fuse? because wether moving at highspeeds or parking the car seems to have quite a tall position, alittle too much gap between the tires and the body, more than id like at times at least. I remember on my 98 S320, it never got that high.

Thanks guys would really appreciate the help
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
the '92 300sel 3.2 isnt equipped with self leveling suspension. It could be that springs/shocks have been recently been replaced and seem a lot higher than the cars you are seeing with 'tired' suspension
I recently bought a 92 300SE 3.2. Great condition but i was wondering if these cars where equipped with the self leveling device that lowered the car at higherspeeds. Ive seen other 92-93's and while moving are alot lower, could it be that my system isnt working? could it be just a fuse? because wether moving at highspeeds or parking the car seems to have quite a tall position, alittle too much gap between the tires and the body, more than id like at times at least. I remember on my 98 S320, it never got that high.

Thanks guys would really appreciate the help

· Registered
W220 W203 R129
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...lastly would u happen to know what year that became a standard option if ever?

thanks...lastly would u happen to know what year that became a standard option if ever?

Thanks abunch

· Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,885 Posts
Self leveling

I know it was standard on the "HIGH" line sedans, 500 & 600 it was an option on the 300 400 SE SD from model introduction in 92. It never lowered the car it only raised the rear if the car was loaded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.