Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 280te is in desperate need of rear suspension work. The hydraulic suspension is just too expensive for me to justify replacing right now. Does anybody know if struts from a 240/300d will bolt in?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ive heard that you can disconnect the self leveler and rep[lace springs with non self leveler and that this works.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also have a 1981 280te with the same problem<br> I called Koni shocks and was told that the 30 1020 ($91 on the net) would fit let me know if you find anything that works

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: self leveling suspension (280te)

Are you sure that you have damaged suspension components. I realize that these cars are getting older now and these parts are more commonly worn out. But, back when I and a friend of mine ran these wagons, the most common problem with the rear suspension was the actuator link on the rear sway bar would slip on the bar and allow the rear to sag. By loosening the bolts on the link where it 'pinches' the sway bar, you could adjust it back into position and raise the rear. You then retighten the bolts and you're set to go.<br> <br> Good luck,<br> Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.