Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
CLS 500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get out of my car this afternoon and i get this warning on the dash with the beeping. Any 1 know what it is?

Thanks in advance for your input

·
Registered
CLS 500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the keyless start, it will beep to remind you to take your key. If you push the menu button on your steering wheel, it will stop.
Its not the beep to take out your key per say.. its the selector not in back message. i think i was able to figure it out by reading the manual..something to do with opening d door before u put it in park with keyless entry. thanks for ur help..much appreciated

·
Registered
2007 E350 Sport, 2007 SL550
378 Posts
Have your wife drive you to work some day when you have the keyless-start key in your pocket. Get out of the car and go to work while she drives off. You'll learn how to keep the keyless-start key with the car. My wife and I are seasoned veterans of that trick.

·
Registered
CLS 500
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have your wife drive you to work some day when you have the keyless-start key in your pocket. Get out of the car and go to work while she drives off. You'll learn how to keep the keyless-start key with the car. My wife and I are seasoned veterans of that trick.
:) That actually happened yesterday albeit with a buddy of mine

·
Registered
55 Posts
I get out of my car this afternoon and i get this warning on the dash with the beeping. Any 1 know what it is?
My previous 05 CLS came up with the same message and was "fixed" with the door/open/Park keyless thingy (according to the manual). Few days later the message was back and it turned out to be a faulty gear selector module - a common problem on older E/CLS and well known by MB. The module was replaced under warranty and all was well again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What happens when you drive off without the keyless go key inside the vehicle? It keeps going until you turn off the car? Or stops when the car gets a certain distance away from key??

·
Registered
W220- 2000 S320 German Import | W221 2008 S350 German |
93 Posts
What happens when you drive off without the keyless go key inside the vehicle? It keeps going until you turn off the car? Or stops when the car gets a certain distance away from key??
A late response, but the car will continue to go... When you press the stop key, the car will stop running and you will not be able to start it. At this point you will get incredibly irritated...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts