Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,
Sorry to be redundant, I have a few posts over the last few months. I am looking for a replacement 463 Europa model..... with no luck. I have spoken w/ Russ and he may have one option.....just wanted to see if there was anyone in the forum looking to sell or anyone knows of anything out there. Email or post replies.

Thanks,

Treydub
Dallas, TX

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,198 Posts
I'm sorry! I love my G320 too much.
Although, I would consider trading up for a Europa G500; but can I keep the winch? [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Chuck

·
Registered
406/280GE/240GD/G320
925 Posts
just posted some new ones up on the site...

-mserpe

www.clubgwagen.com

·
Registered
2000 G500
290 Posts

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
Looks pretty good. Has the steering wheel controls which are quite convenient, and only some (the late ones) of the 2000's have them. No running boards or jump seats though. I'd try contact him offline and haggle down the price from the "buy it now" because you'll have to spend a few bucks to get either if you want them. ... either way, you can spend almost 39k on a 4runner.

If it's a dealer, there's one other angle you can ask about... WHen i bought mine from europa. If you own a vehicle for more than 3 months in california before you import, you don't have to pay tax on it. But it sure did suck waiting 3 months!... but time flies no matter what.

I got europa to hold it for 3 months and, but for future referrence i should have made some stipulations about how much they can drive it because they "found" a way to put 700 miles on it before i received it. You can also bargain/wrestle for them to implement the permanent sunroof fix (stops the cable from jumping track) and make sure it doesn't need new rotors, steering damper or whatever... or bargain for the running boards or jump seats.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The guy at Copley (who is selling this on EBay) is really nice to deal with. He has some fine rides for sale and has moved a few Gs, including big ticket newish cabs (I had inquired with him when I was shopping for mine). Check out the AM Zagato if he still has it! [:0]

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
Another 2000 G500 on Ebay

treydub - 2/14/2005 12:36 AM

Hi again,
Sorry to be redundant, I have a few posts over the last few months. I am looking for a replacement 463 Europa model..... with no luck. I have spoken w/ Russ and he may have one option.....just wanted to see if there was anyone in the forum looking to sell or anyone knows of anything out there. Email or post replies.

Thanks,

Treydub
Dallas, TX
See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31854&item=4528960595&rd=1

Big problem on this one is the wheels.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,980 Posts
TH - 2/18/2005 11:37 AM

These 2000 models are really excellent cars.
I can certainly attest to that. Not the first issue with regards to "reliability" on mine! [:eek:)]

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
RE: Another 2000 G500 on Ebay

one other question is how long it's been on those wheels. If they were put on when purchase new, you could be in for some early wheel bearing service. If they were recently put on, it's probably part of why they're selling because (a) it rides so rough and (b) it's probably due for a steering damper change (for steering wheel vibration) and those 22's make the problem more severe.

Mileage is nice and low. Does it still have the center console lights and headreast switch behind the dvd screen?

I would also change back to the stock yellow turn signals on the hood and under the side view mirrors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RE: Another 2000 G500 on Ebay

DUTCH - 2/18/2005 9:06 AM

treydub - 2/14/2005 12:36 AM

Hi again,

Thanks,

Treydub
Dallas, TX
See:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31854&item=4528960595&rd=1

Big problem on this one is the wheels.
I agree on the wheels, they are atrocious. The car looks very nice overall though & it would be nice to have one with that low mileage. My problem is I am not looking to pay $42k for a 2000 and from the looks of things, currently it is 5:30 p.m. CST and the bid is over $35k with 5 days left, this one will go for close to the BIN if not full price.

I do like the black grill on this one, very clean. My 320 had a black grill instead of blk/blk car w/ a silver grill.

I will just keep my eyes open for other opportunities. I would appreciate any help you guys can give me in the future too by letting me know if you see something come up. Thanks!

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
NO kidding! The leather on the drivers seat look brand new.

I say buy it and show up with a paint thickness meter to check for body work, and haggle if you find any. Sounds like they have some good gauranttee's to so if you find any issues you can save a few hundred bucks here or there.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ewalberg - 2/24/2005 11:36 PM

NO kidding! The leather on the drivers seat look brand new.

I say buy it and show up with a paint thickness meter to check for body work, and haggle if you find any. Sounds like they have some good gauranttee's to so if you find any issues you can save a few hundred bucks here or there.
This car cleaned up well. I drove it a few weeks ago and it didn't look so nice - shows what a good detail can do. This truck is out of San Diego, CA and was traded in at our Ferrari dealer in Dallas. I am still considering it very strongly.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
it's california!?!

If it's out of san diego, and wasn't right on the coast, it could be the most absolutely rust free vehicle you'll ever find in the US. Mine was from manhattan, and it's gotta just a little rust started underneath here and there... not growing since it's in california now, but california (unless in a snowing area or right on the beach) is great for not rusting. it's normal for 10 year old cars to have zero rust... and it's not hot in san diego either so it wont have an heavily used cooling and AC system either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts