Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found all the AMG MPH clusters that I can ever use. Also, every AMG item ever made for the 126. Every item. Barry Taylor rocks!

Looks like the new kitchen will have to wait! LOL!

·
Registered
1990 Arctic White 560 SEC and 1990 Smoke Silver Metallic 560 SEC (formerly Cascade's)
182 Posts
How can I attain some of those AMG Items for my ugly havana brown SEC? :):):)

[8D][8D]

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
So how many MPH type speedo's were made? Just that one style or where there others?

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Get your checkbook ready, make sure you have a hefty balance and give Barry a call. 1 510 235 3990

He does not accept credit cards.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Snibble - 5/3/2005 8:14 AM

So how many MPH type speedo's were made? Just that one style or where there others?
I've only personally seen one type at AMG. Seemed to be the only one they put in U.S. bound cars, but Barry says otherwise. I ordered 3, one of which goes to 200mph, why, I have no idea. Wine chiller rear console exhaust tips. Christmas in May!

·
Registered
'85 500SEL AMG, 91 560SEL, '99 E55, '00 SL600, '99 S600, '99 E300 TD, '92 190E
183 Posts
MRTIKKET, I am glad Barry was helpful. Where you able to get the catalog from him? If so, ask him to credit you on your purchase. He will take the catalog price off on your total amount. My 1985 16v 6.0 has the 190mph in black. This is probably what one your's will look like. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much were they? Barry seems to be very proud of his stuff and is very expensive, just wondering?

Thanks,
Hyder

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I ordered a few books including the 32 valve technical manual for my mechanic. That manual alone was $350. He is crediting me with $50 for purchasing the AMG options booklet. A booklet that my father's company made in the 1st place. How ironic. The good thing about his items is that they are so expensive that they will be available to any serious buyer. He wants more for parts than most 126 owners have into their cars.

Small world as he knows the original owner who I purchased my widebody from. He's a fountain of knowledge.

Thanks for the geads up!

·
Registered
560SEC
130 Posts
That area code. Is that phone number located in Fremont. Does anybody know the name of Barry's shop, and where it is located. Thanks

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's in Richmond CA. I think its an office.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
glad I'm not the only one up this late..although, based on location I think I win[8D]

Jonathan

·
Registered
500 SE EURO!
477 Posts
wow wow wow...hey guys i live in fremont ! can you give me the address to his place ?id be pretty interested in going to check out what he has !!!!

enrique

·
AMG Forums Moderator
SLK55 (2006) C36 (1995)
3,288 Posts
Wow, AMG passed off some reeeally cheap stuff for high dollar. that's branding for you. not knocking your taste, but those gauge faces would cost about $30 bucks to make.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
cyberdrakon - 5/3/2005 3:40 AM

Wow, AMG passed off some reeeally cheap stuff for high dollar. that's branding for you. not knocking your taste, but those gauge faces would cost about $30 bucks to make.
And in some cases.. only $20 to buy[8D]

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure that when he bought out AMG West's inventory, it was for pennies. He's saved ut through the years. and probably thinks of it as a retirement account. I'm just grateful to have a chance at it.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Shame, if he's as expensive as y'all say. I SOL for any AMG thing I want/need..

·
Registered
1984 300 TD-T
258 Posts
*sigh* I think many years ago he used to own Mercedes of Richmond. I remember going there growing up, and there were a bunch of grey market AMG 190's and some S classes too. I remember calling a few years back if they had any parts for my Dad's w123, and they said they had new wheels and the body kit. But it was for a princely sum... :( I live no more than 10 min away too...

·
Registered
12-Camel TT S600
1,794 Posts
Snibble - 5/3/2005 5:05 AM

cyberdrakon - 5/3/2005 3:40 AM

And in some cases.. only $20 to buy[8D]
for less than 10bucks i can get those.. from the junk yard.. geniune AMG.. they are soo ugly.. no body wants them or cares for them!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts