Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85- 280GE /95- G320 / 08 - G500
125 Posts
and for more fun a 2007 GL here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercedes-Benz-G-Class-GL450-4-mati-2007-Mercedes-Benz-GL-450-4-matic-SUV-Not-G-ML-R-Class_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31854QQitemZ4630438432QQrdZ1

·
Registered
230G
206 Posts
Gert - 4/12/2006 2:12 PM

Am I the only one who think's the new GL looks like a hearse from the backside ?
Gert what's a hearse?
Anyway it looks very ugly from the backside.[:(]

·
Registered
Mercedes G Brabus
678 Posts
I was under the impression that it was the word for a car they use to drive dead people to their graves but I'm from Belgium and my english is far from perfect so... [:D]

·
Registered
280 GE / 1980
458 Posts
Gert - 4/14/2006 6:37 AM

I was under the impression that it was the word for a car they use to drive dead people to their graves but I'm from Belgium and my english is far from perfect so... [:D]
Gert you are right in both the meaning of the word and the way the GL looks.

ReG ,

Shebl

·
Registered
280 ge and 300gd
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
O no the parts bins been raided again!.

Its the first time Ive seen the creation, er yes.
Hearse yes agree with that.

Whilst the G is a utility at least you know what its meant to be and where in the market its aimed.
Probably the same with L/R and similar at least its adefined market sector, and age group, this well I ask you.

I think that the bum view of it, uncomfortable is what my gut reaction would be and a prototype that they hadnt found the right parts to fit.

Mercedes in general seem to have gone from very rational quality and evolving designs improved model by model to style disasters that dont quite fit the market and will become far more futuristic and disposable.

Look at the European market how many Mercedes do you see that are capable of being used from taxi to statemobile basically the same shape 123,124 and the later ones.

Who is this machine marketed for and is it a worker or a personality extension

Dave

·
Registered
G500
15 Posts
Gert - 4/12/2006 6:12 AM

Am I the only one who think's the new GL looks like a hearse from the backside ?

No, i think so too...but now that you mention it, it does not look as cool and rugged as the ORGINAL G...and doesnt look as expensive either...lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts