Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would just the headlights(i know the corners arent compatible)from an SEL fit on an SEC? I know the fogs would be covered, but would the headlights line up correctly? I intend to do my lights like my avatar, and I need clear headlights to do it. If I cant use sedan lights, then i will have to custom make the lenses, which i want to avoid.

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,263 Posts
Are you thinking of U.S. lights? The 4 door sedan U.S. lights as well as the Euro are much wider, they correspond to the difference in widths of the sedan and coupe grilles.
Just check the gallery on top.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I realize that the sedan lights are wider, what I want to know is if putting sedan headlights on a coupe will work, and all the will happen, is the fogs will be covered by the grille, but everything else will look pretty much the same.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
They won't fit without cutting anything, the headlight frames are made to fit the smaller lights of the SEC.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Azimuth Aviation has SEL lights and a coupe hood on his AMG...you should ask him about his setup.
Hey Kalifornia! You should come up and drive, or ride with me, on the 29th for the GTG! The hood on the AMG is a sedan hood with the front of an SEC hood blended onto it. They did do a nice job but not for the faint of heart to try this!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts