Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz S Class 320 TDI W221 2007
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any secret menu for the engineering menu in the NTG 3.0 comand. I have seen many instructions posted and u-tubed for all the others but never for this particular version. :bowdown:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz S Class 320 TDI W221 2007
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On reflection:rolleyes: I do not think there is one because all other models menu is accessed by a combination of buttons on the command/steering wheel which NTG3 on the S class has non on the command unit. I am hoping posting this will tempt someone to prove me wrong (see where I am going with this):thumbsup::bowdown:

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,897 Posts
Found it -
It is not the "Engineering Menu" or "Secret Menu" that folks use to try to access or activate "hidden" functions on COMAND NTG 2.0, but it does let you access some interesting readouts.

UPDATE: To make accessing this menu a little easier to follow - starting with ignition in position 1 (or with keyless go, enter the car and push the keyless go button once, without putting a foot on the brake pedal), and with the trip function selected (showing trip miles and total vehicle miles), first push and hold the phone call button (the one to initiate or answer a call), and within 1 second push and hold the OK button. Do not initiate with both buttons at the same time - phone first, then OK. Hold both buttons for 5 seconds. You will get all of the menus shown in the video.:):eclipsee_steering:

The menus aren't like those in some older COMANDs, where one can see the equipment and feature options. The menus for COMAND 3.0 and 3.5 show the service intervals, whether service was done, and service items; and also the software versions for various functions (though I have still to find out what each SW designation is for). One can also read battery voltage and charging voltages (UB), the car's VIN, a dealer code for service, and a few other items.

·
Premium Member
2007 CL600, 2003 SL55AMG, 1987 560SEL ECE, 1985 280SL
1,514 Posts
@Skylaw - Thanks for sharing. I tried this on my 2007 CL600 (W216), but it didn't work. My impression is that is has the exact same NTG 3.0 unit as the W221.

I tried both with ignition in pos I and II, butttons pushed as described.

Any thoughts?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,897 Posts
I am sorry, Ruindr, I really don't have any alternatives. While the COMANDs are similar, I do know for example that you can check your oil quantity on the instrument cluster in a 600, but for my S550 I must use the dipstick - so there are some programming differences for the different engines.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
169 Posts
@Skylaw - Thanks for sharing. I tried this on my 2007 CL600 (W216), but it didn't work. My impression is that is has the exact same NTG 3.0 unit as the W221.

I tried both with ignition in pos I and II, butttons pushed as described.

Any thoughts?
This menu shows the current battery voltage, (in German, will be indicated by IB:14.1) allow you to activate Dynometer Test Mode (this completely disables all ESP functions to test the engine output on a roller dynometer and it is not designed for highway use. Unless you have a dynometer and are tuning your car, never alter this setting), reset the service indicator, configure the Dealer Number that conducts the service, displays the VIN number, and the software versions installed on the Instrument Cluster.

Incidentally, it actually has nothing to do with the COMAND or any of the COMAND settings. This is designed for workshop use when the vehicle is in for service to acknowledge a service has been performed if the workshop does not have Xentry - otherwise it is typically done in Xentry.

To access this menu - do the following:

Get in the vehicle and close all of the doors. Turn the ignition to the "1" position and the only thing on the Instrument Cluster that comes on should be the illustration of the red bald man with the pillow impacting his face which extinguishes after a short while. Ensure the cluster is displaying the Trip Odometer and Main Odometer, and nothing else. If the Audio, Telephone, etc. menus, or the digital speedometer is displayed, it will not allow entry.

After the above conditions are met, press Phone Answer on the steering wheel control, and on the other side, OK and hold them for several seconds. The battery voltage should be displayed after a few seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts