Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends- Shouldn't be that hard to locate the cabin filter but it's kicking my butt. Can't find it in the car, and can't find it on the web. Can anyone help?

E Class Diesel 2006

I dug into the area beneath the glove box but did not find it- so if it's there please provide some specifics.

Note- I've located and replaced the non-charcoal filter just forward of the firewall- that's not what I need!

Thanks!!

Joe

·
Registered
04 E320 Sedan, Nav, Dynamic/Vented Seats - 06 S500 AMG Sport Keyless Go
34 Posts
It should be in the engine compartment, passenger side by the firewall, black cover 12" x 12" has a 10MM plastic nut that needs to remove to access.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, that's the one I already located. Please see original post. I'm looking for the charcoal filter.

Thanks-

·
Registered
'06 E320CDI & '08 GL320CDI
113 Posts
I have the same car and have changed the same filters as you. I don't think there is another charcoal filter on these...

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,430 Posts
I have the same car and have changed the same filters as you. I don't think there is another charcoal filter on these...
Correct, the separate charcoal filter existed on earlier MY W211 cars only (only on those with the 4-zone HVAC system).

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,986 Posts
Only the quad zone optioned cars have the under dash filters. Rear HVAC control does
mean the car has quad zone. I got burned on that one with a W211 and ended up
selling off the filters.

The compartment they fit in will stare you in the face if it there. It is just left of the
glove box attached to the air system housing under the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts