Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1997 C280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1997 C280. Under the hood there are two fuse boxes... I need the chart for the second one that is in front of the passenger seat, near the coolant reservoir. Its the one that doesnt pop off and needs to be unscrewed. I can't find the fuse chart for it anywhere and have searched for it. thanx in advance

·
Registered
95 C280, 89 300E, 94' E320 Coupe, 91' 560SEC
1,095 Posts
I haven't heard of one, the only things in that area are the vacuum line box, the computers. duovalves and the OVP (with a pair of fuses in them) If you have one how many fuses are there?

·
Registered
c36, 1970 LeMans Sport, a truck
318 Posts
can't possibly cost much at the dealer....

rjp

·
Registered
1997 C280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't heard of one, the only things in that area are the vacuum line box, the computers. duovalves and the OVP (with a pair of fuses in them) If you have one how many fuses are there?
Just a handfull of fuses... and a giant 40 fuse...

I just found one of the fuses to be blown so im wondering what it was...

also.. there is no power going through the giant 40 fuse... but it doesnt seem to be blown... anyone got any thoughts?

·
Registered
95 C280, 89 300E, 94' E320 Coupe, 91' 560SEC
1,095 Posts
ok um that sounds like your main fuse box, thats on the driver side... the big 40A MAXI Fuse controls the secondary vacuum pump and other interior accessories. Do your door locks work? also do you flaps work accordingly when you turn on the the AirCon meaning air comes out of top only or front vents only or do they all blow air?

Take a pic of the general vicinity that you are talking about.

·
Registered
1997 C280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok um that sounds like your main fuse box, thats on the driver side... the big 40A MAXI Fuse controls the secondary vacuum pump and other interior accessories. Do your door locks work? also do you flaps work accordingly when you turn on the the AirCon meaning air comes out of top only or front vents only or do they all blow air?

Take a pic of the general vicinity that you are talking about.
Yea everything seems to be working fine... I will take a picture tomorrow when there is light out...

·
Registered
1997 C280
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BUMP

any idea where I can find the info from if no one has anything? I know the 3rd from the left controls Crusise Control but thats about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts