Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 E300 4matic Avantgarde
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bosch can be had for about $Cdn 230, Chinese brand can be had for about half that. Amazon reviews show mostly good but some failures for both products. Anyone have strong feelings about which to buy? Only Bosch has one day, free shipping, the others will arrive more slowly.

BTW. Mercedes wants about $1050 for a Bosch OEM air pomp.

Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Choose your poison.

Like many today, Bosch "partners" with China for many of its manufacturing needs particularly with components like these. If it looks identical, it probably is identical, except for the brand sticker, box, and name, maybe. It will still say Made in China.

·
Registered
W219 320CDI -07 W220 320CDI -01 W210 270CDI -01 EX: W211 320CDI -04
1,222 Posts
I will 'quarantinize' everything from china one year from now (at least try not buy anything if I can get same item made in western) just because of fact they usually are crap quality, or if they are not I rather even try revive our economy which will collapse due to covid sh*t.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Already ordered one from Bosch; one secondary supplier said they were out of stock, the ones that charge shipping end up being close in price, and I can get one day delivery from Bosch. It's about 1/4 the price of Genuine MB from the dealer. Thanks for all the tips everyone, and stay healthy!

·
Registered
2000 S430, 2003 S430, 2000 S500, 2003 S600 TT, and 2005 E320 CDI
4,764 Posts
The general working rule I've found is as follows.

If you want to do the job again, get the Chinesium junk. If you'd like it to actually be reliable, get the good (non-Chinesium) part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the Bosch mainly because I could get it in one day and with shipping costs the price difference was only about $50. The exchange went reasonably well, although unfortunately I didn't have a T30 socket so I did it with a T30 security bit from a power bit set. I dropped that bit, and one bolt, and lost them for a while on the bottom cover beneath the rad, but managed to fish them out with a magnet. Very awkward and tight area to work on for some of the fasteners.

Thanks for all the responses, and stay well.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts