Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1984 Mercedes Benz 500SEC
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the headliner on a w126 come out? Or you just have to remove the fabric and reglue? I have searched this forums and google but only can find dead links. If anyone has the link to how to remove it so I can take it to a shop to get redone I would appreciate it! Pic of my car for attention
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
1989 300SE 240k miles
3,494 Posts
Hi! Your picture is of an SEC. They’re different from the sedans. You might want to put that in the thread headline. SEC people may be more inclined to read it. Vs the SEL listed in your profile. And a generic w126.

There was walk thru thread on removing a SEC headliner about a year back, I think.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Your picture is of an SEC. They’re different from the sedans. You might want to put that in the thread headline. SEC people may be more inclined to read it. Vs the SEL listed in your profile. And a generic w126.

There was walk thru thread on removing a SEC headliner about a year back, I think.
Thank you I adjusted it. If you have spare time and stumble across it I would be in your debt. Can’t seem to find it

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it needs to come out . You should let the upholstery shop do the removal and reinstall
not possible as car is taken apart for wiring and suspension works that is why I am looking to remove it and drop it off along with the Rest of the interior which has already been dropped off

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
2,175 Posts
The headliner capsule and sunroof panel comes out and be taken to an upholstery shop etc. I do this quite often and it is a bit of work especially if you don't DIY. I think I got my information from the MB FRM, also remember this topic being discussed on BW as well.

Reactions: isthenew

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The headliner capsule and sunroof panel comes out and be taken to an upholstery shop etc. I do this quite often and it is a bit of work especially if you don't DIY. I think I got my information from the MB FRM, also remember this topic being discussed on BW as well.
I DIY pretty much everything on my own cars except upholstery work. Do you happen to have a link?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I found a post on MB frm but the link was to a 500sec website that is now dead.

·
Registered
1989 300SE 240k miles
3,494 Posts
Hmmmm. I have no experience with the SEC. Maybe you can look for things like removing the pillars? And the sunroof. And the map light. And from those put together most of what you need

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmm. I have no experience with the SEC. Maybe you can look for things like removing the pillars? And the sunroof. And the map light. And from those put together most of what you need
Rather not guess at it. There are some sort or hidden clips or something holding stuff in. Hoping someone has a lead to a link thats not dead

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone know if the sedan and coupe are similar? I found a post for removing the sedan headliner

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC, 2005 E500, 1988 300SEL
167 Posts
Rather not guess at it. There are some sort or hidden clips or something holding stuff in. Hoping someone has a lead to a link thats not dead
Whereabouts on the headliner do you suspect there are hidden clips? The rear above the sash?

·
Registered
1991 560 SEC, 2005 E500, 1988 300SEL
167 Posts
Here's a photo of the headliner backside to give you some clues as to where those hidden clips could be.

Wood Automotive exterior Gas Bumper Tints and shades

1 - 14 of 14 Posts