Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
1990 500SL, 1986 500SEC
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased NEW floor mats for your SEC from a dealer recently?
I ordered a set for a friend and when they arrived the front mats fit very nicely, however the rear mats were big rectangles that didn’t come close to fitting.
I thought perhaps they were packaged wrong or I used the wrong part number but the dealer confirmed the number and sent a replacement set in case of a mix up- the replacements also did not fit.
I’m curious to know if this is just how they are made now (also very thin and flimsy compared to the old mats)?
3819F7AA-76BF-4B89-96EE-64CB4DC0BD7B.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,227 Posts
Looks like you got the rear version for the SEEL (Extra Long) version.

·
Premium Member
1989 560 SEC - V-8 Kompressor - 95 E320 Estate
2,061 Posts
And YES the new ones are very thin and flimsy. I recently purchase some for a restoration and was very disappointed. My observation has been that the originals were very thick and plush, next generation were very close to original but definitely lighter or less thick and the latest are not even close to either of the first 2 generations. Only similarity is the color and embossed with Mercedes logo. I assume like many modern methods the buyer (MBUSA) puts out a spec for bid to various vendors and whomever won the bid produces what we get. I'm about to order a set of Loyd's ultraplush mats hoping they are something close to the originals and will be super happy if they are better quality. Anyone out there with any experience with the Loyd's?

·
Registered
Too many to list
9,145 Posts
I have a set of Lloyd’s premium
Mats for my Cadillac , they are nice and about equal to original Mercedes mats , but nothing like say , the thick Keith Collins mats . But those are over $600. I think 48hp sourced a custom mat store in Arizona that made amg reproduction mats nice and thick for about $360 . Coco mats are super thick and look proper too , the right colors can really make the interior pop

·
1991 500SEC 55K mi. 1987 560SEC Now 153K mi. 2020
4,778 Posts
Anyone out there with any experience with the Loyd's?
Yes to Lloyds here.

In 2017 I ordered a set for my SEC from Lloyds. My wife and I chose the color etc.
We bought one shade darker than the 265 Cream shade of leather and are very happy with the look.

The fit is great both front and rear..

Long term, there are two things that come to mind after some 25,000 miles since they were installed.

Wear/scuff at the spot where my right heel is placed and the fact the part that covers the so-called 'dead pedal'
pulls out of shape and wrinkles somewhat permanently at the bend.

Both of these comments may very well be self-inflicted as I do not remember the level of mat I picked, nor do I remember whether
there were any installation instructions as to anchoring the front mats to the floor..

I can say that Lloyd mats are VERY good quality & fit and certainly enhance the look of the interior greatly.

M

17A83D91-91E4-4F79-8F11-3C5CF730BD53.jpeg 3A0C0B38-C779-4AF3-85C2-4EB79BA618E7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Coco mats are well made, just wish they had the correct pattern for w126 as the fitment could be better.

·
Registered
Too many to list
9,145 Posts
Coco mats are very high quality but don’t look original . Maybe you can provide them more accurate measurements or a sample for them to improve their pattern

·
Registered
85 500SEC (Euro), 87 560SEC (now sold)
1,358 Posts
I love mine. It's amazing that complete strangers walking over to see my car end up complimenting the mats. Nearly every time. I ended up buying Coco Mats for my mom's Lexus and will do the same for my sister's this Christmas.

·
Registered
1991 560sec. 1991 560sel 1969 280SL
1,333 Posts
Personally I don’t see what the attraction is with coco mats. I’m with Tusabes on this. I think the original MB mats that came in these cars from the factory are unmatched, nothing comes close.

·
Registered
Too many to list
9,145 Posts
The problem is that Mercedes has changed its replacement parts mat supplier and if you order oem mats now , they May be inferior to the originals

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I'm sorting a 1984 SEL (41k) miles and it has original MB mats. They weigh double what MB supplies today. I actually cleaned the original ones today with a high temp carpet extractor. Will take some pic's tomorrow. Mike

Reactions: AxelWulff

·
Premium Member
1973 220D, 1988 300SEL, 1991 300TE
351 Posts
I got and love the Coco mats. It is true they don't look original, they do offer a variety of choices and look great (to me).

But if we all liked the exact same thing the world would be boring, no?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts