Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300 CDT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some more modern seats and have come across some Reccaro C Classics and other Mercedes options. Has anyone installed modern electric seats in their 123? How involved was creating a frame adapter to accommodate the new pattern? Has anyone converted their 123 from euro fuses to blades? What is the electrical requirement? Your answers will provide me direction, Thanks!

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,099 Posts
Looking at some more modern seats and have come across some Reccaro C Classics and other Mercedes options. Has anyone installed modern electric seats in their 123? How involved was creating a frame adapter to accommodate the new pattern? Has anyone converted their 123 from euro fuses to blades? What is the electrical requirement? Your answers will provide me direction, Thanks!
Since my Back has already deformed to fit the Stock Seats I can not comment on the Seats:)

Concerning the Fuse Box; Members of several Forums have commented that the Car was built around the Fuse Box; meaning it is difficult to get out or work on.

If you get the good quality Ceramic bodied Copper or Brass Fuses and clean the Contacts in the Fuse Box it is not going to cause you issues. I believe some people have put dielectric grease on the tips of the Fuses.

We are getting these Cars that previous Owners did not take care of.

·
Registered
1984 300D
5,099 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Just looking at the most suitable option.
I was just making a joke concerning the Seats. I have no idea what might or might not work as a replacement for the Stock Seats.

This is an example what some one did as a mod but in this case to the Oil Filter Housing.
He convered the Oil Filter Housing on a 617.952 to take a Spin-on Oil Filter and was selling that Housing on eBay.
On the surface it sounds like a good idea.
But, when I inquired what the advantage was to having the Spin-on Oil Filter He could give no advantages.

My thought on changing the Fuse Box to another type of Fuses is similar to the Oil Filter Mod. It would be a lot of work and I don't see any advantage to it after the Job is done.

However, many People just like to have things their way and to have something different and there is noting wrong with that.

·
Registered
1984 300CD, 1983 240TD Euro
2,652 Posts
If you're getting Recaros, the Recaro adapters are still available for around $210 each, part # 85.40.19 and 85.40.29. PICTURE. Wedge engineering has an adapter also.

·
Registered
1983 300 CDT
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All great comments and recommendations, regardless of which way I decide to go I will post process and updates for everyone's benefit or caution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts