Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
S55AMG
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love just about all aspects of my S55AMG except for the fact my wife, a smallish women, cannot find a safe driving position. To reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel, her chest is 1" from the airbag despite trying all 99 variations of seat and wheel adjustments. MB USA didn't want to discuss the problem(lawyers in control?). My dealer knew of no MB pedal extenders and also didn't want to talk about it.

Am I the only person with this problem?

·
Registered
'05 SL500, '88 560SL
132 Posts
my mother has to do the same thing, doesn't seem to bother her though...

my mother has to do the same thing, doesn't seem to bother her though

·
Registered
5 Posts
I AGREE! ! ! But our problem is slightly different:
My wife is 5'4" and she absolutely HATES [:(!][:(!]the headrest on our new '04 s430. We have driven our '82 300sd for over 300k mi and ended any and all trips without aches[^] or pains[^] 24 hours any day[^]. Used to travel between Sacramento,CA and Portland,OR,(600 mi) routinely and experienced an always enjoyable ride.

Now, traveling between Sacto and Orange,CA at 2/3 the distance and neither of us (I'm 6-3)cannot ride in the passenger seat without ending up in 100 miles with nothing less than a neck ache[V].

I am looking into how to take apart the headrest [?]to modify to be an even plane with the set back and not a forward protruding neck buster.

Boy would we Love to castrate[}:)](or worse) the engineer AND his supervisor for these new headrests![:(!][:(!]

·
Registered
S500/W220/2000
21,652 Posts
My S seats are soooooo adjustable that I can't imagine anyone, of any size, that couldn't find a safe setting. Just can't imagine it..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts