Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Seatbelts intentionally twisted?

1748 Views 9 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  W140Gill
Something I noticed on mine, and other Mercedes cars, is that the front seatbelts don't pull over the driver without them twisting. It's almost like the buckle is facing the wrong way.

Is this intentional?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
Really? I haven't notice mine any different. When the robotic arm that brings the belt t...

Really? I haven't notice mine any different. When the robotic arm that brings the belt to me, it's pretty much in place.

· Registered
385 Posts
Same here...

DTKW, has the triangle part of robotic arm ever broke? I'm scared mine will and does anyone know how much they cost to replace?

Thanks in advace!

· Registered
385 Posts
In that case...

well, if hasn't broke for you, It shouldn't break for me. i guess its not as weak as i thought.

· Registered
86 560SEL
1,334 Posts
Unless you pulled it hard everytime you get in the car. Otherwise, I don't think it would...

Unless you pulled it hard everytime you get in the car. Otherwise, I don't think it would break.

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
Twisted for me

Yeah, I noticed they are twisted on my '92. Heh, pretty anoying when you reach for the seatbelt and its turned around.... I think I'm just going to reverse it, its pretty bothersome. Have you had any trouble with the rear seatbelts either not coming out enough, or coming out way too much? Every time someone sits in the passenger side rear seat, they have trouble getting the seat belt to come out enough, or it comes out too much and won't retract. ???

· Registered
See signature
60 Posts
Reversing the buckle

The way I've always done it is to just twist the belt and flip it around inside the buckle, like a pillow in its pillow case for lack of a better example.

· Registered
W140 S class, E31 850Ci, XC90 Exec AWD geartronic
444 Posts
not intentional, either your belt has become twisted in the reel mechanism or the clip has...

not intentional, either your belt has become twisted in the reel mechanism or the clip has been installed back to front at the factory or following some kind of repair work.

One of my seatbelt clips was back to front in the back of the car. I twisted it the correct way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.