Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
MB SL500 1990, Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0l V6, Alfa Romeo 156 JTD
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've tried searching but cant find an answer on how to get access to the passenger seatbelt to diagnose the problem, it appears to be stuck in and wont release to be able to wear it, any thoughts? cheers

·
Greek God of the R129
SL500-500SEL-190E
8,391 Posts
You need a new seat belt, when it diploids the seat belt gets tight....
Part of the build in car safety.

Regards,
aam.

·
Registered
40 Posts
seat belt no good anymore> i had the same problem. no one will fix it. safely liability.
i have a complete set left and right for sale. pm me if interested. they are black and in mint condition.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi thanks for the replies, does anyone know if the belts are specific to the SL or were they fitted to any other MB as i cant find any SL ones in biege/tan

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are specific to the the sl. Hard to get them in nice shape since they are at least 15+ years old. If you do find them, wreckers want to sell not just the belt but the whole seat! Shipping is quite expensive when you have something that"s that heavy and bulky.
Dealer charges a whopping $650 for each side!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so i've taken the seat apart and the belt hasnt deploid, i have found tho that the wires to the lock are not live, when i directly feed them the belt works, it was suggested that they have a relay mounted by the mechanism but cant find one, i've also traced the wires back to a connector block under the seat base, this is also not live is it possible on a 1990 car the relays are elsewhere? if so does anyone know where? regards

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive checked the ones i know about but nothing blown, i'm wondering if it has to do with the roll bar that isn't working as the 2 fault codes on that are 3 and 4, voltage and a seatbelt relay, just dont know where that relay is and the codes wont clear

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,116 Posts
Ive checked the ones i know about but nothing blown, i'm wondering if it has to do with the roll bar that isn't working as the 2 fault codes on that are 3 and 4, voltage and a seatbelt relay, just dont know where that relay is and the codes wont clear

YES. Seatbelt and Rollbar share the same fuse #3 in the trunk (your boot).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those fuses to all seem to be good to, plus the drivers side seatbelt works fine

·
Registered
Departed 1998 SL500 (and the Pano is in Bogota)
11,116 Posts
Don't know much about your 1990, so you need to get hold of a circuit diagram to trace it down as you have power at the fuse and not the seat belt connector. The relays 'should be' in the front engine compartment near where the fuses are.

The seat belt and rollbar problems could be related.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
there are some relays in the engine bay but dont know what any of them do, i guess i'll try and sort out the roll bar and go from there

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still cant sort out the rollbar seatbelt issue, i need to know what to test on the rollbar module, it appears to me that the right and left seatbelts are showing different readings but struggling to determine how to sort it. any ideas? iys a 1990 car so has a seperate module for the rollbar

1 - 13 of 13 Posts