Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CLK 320 Elegance Cabriolet
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seatbelt valet handed me my seatbelt but now will not retract. I tried switching the car on and off locking the doors etc but nothing. She only extends a tad from the already extended position when I turn the engine on after reenteringbthe car. Help.

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,700 Posts
Push it back in , firmly and gradually ..all the way..
Then see what happens after that.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried restarting the car but now it won’t turn over. Could this seatbelt issue be related to what I am hoping is a flat battery?

·
Registered
MY05 CLK55 AMG ,CLK320,Former,C180 Kompressor,Jensen Healey,Ford Capri V6,Alfa GTV.
1,700 Posts
Yes it could be ,,first priority is rectify the flat battery.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Replaced battery with a repco din din85L MF. Seatbelt valet started behaving itself again. So that’s solved. The car is starting up beautifully but....now new problems.
1. My aftermarket Kenwood 4017 BT will not operate. a red triangle is flashing.
2. Whats even more peculiar is when I wind the car windows on the car down halfway - they no longer automatically go up when I lock the car. I’m pretty sure it used to do it.
Confused.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Have you reset your power windows ?
Hold the switches fully up for two seconds after they close.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Benzyle. I take it you mean the window control buttons in the car. Did that. All the windows go up and the car locks if I hold the lock button down on the remote for a few seconds. I rarely drive with the windows down so for some reason I was under the impression that the windows all go up when I give a quick press of the lock button on the remote. Not sure where I got this idea from.
Thank you. Much appreciated. Now to fix that annoying aftermarket radio issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts