Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 SL500 Sport / 2003 CL55 ///AMG / 1999 S600
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent some time looking thru other topics to see if i could find an answer to this, but I haven't seen anything yet.

The passenger seatbelt is WAY too sensitive, you move an inch and it locks you into the seat so you cannot move at all. Its quite annoying and a bit chlostrophobic for some of my passengers to the point they dont want to wear the seatbelt at all.

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity? The driver seat is perfect - it's just the passenger side. The car has never been wrecked and has about 8k miles on it now!

·
Registered
MB SL600, MB 380SE, Suzuki Grand Vitara, 38' Chris-Craft, Volvo V70XC, and my own two feet...
4,131 Posts
Ya, your culprit is the carwash...they always change that little switch on the side of the passenger-seat from the normal position to the other position...

It's part of the baby-safe system or whatever they call it...it's meant for when you have a carseat on the passenger side, that way you can cinch the seatbelt down. Just find that little square switch on the side of the seat bottom and move it back to the other position.

The seatbelt will start working normally again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts