Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Seatbelt Presenter!!! In then out then in, out a bit then in!!! Whats going on???

Since I bought the car the drivers seatbelt presenter has never worked but the passengers has.

After reading through the forum I thought it could be the plastic gear that tends to get worn out but I opened it up and its perfect. I found one of the connections at the back werent connected so I connected it and now it started to make a noise as if the seatbelt presenter is attempting to come out but stops. So I took the whole arm out of the unit to grease it and check for obstructions but it was fine. Then I left the arm out and put the plastic gear in and the arm came in then after a while fiddling I managed to get it to come out 2cm but wouldnt come out anymore, then, I managed to get it to come out fully but then go straight back in, then I managed to get it to come out fully and stay but then when I screwed everything in properly it again only comes out 1cm.

I dont know if anyone has had the same or is able to explain which of these sensor switches do what. There are two together which seem to sense when the seatbelt presenter is extended then there is one on top of the plastic cover for the gear that I dont know what it does, it is pictured below and is to the right of the picture a small plastic unit with wires coming out that sits on the plastic cover for the gear.

I have read the sensor in the seatbelt anchor could also be at fault? Could that be the cause?

Anyone able to help?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im not sure how I did it but its working now!!! Well for the moment, lets wait and see if it still works within the next few days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If someone could explain what the relay that sits on the plastic cover for gear does I would very much appreciate it as I havent connected it and the seatbelt presenter is working fine.???

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,244 Posts
Safety belt

* 91-500 - Removal and installation of front seat belt
* 91-505 - Removal and installation of front seat belt anchor
* 91-508 - Removal and installation of belt positioner
* 91-510 - Removal and installation of rear seat belt
* 91-550 - Seat belt inspection

These are the available files from the service CD's, which one do you need? I can post later today.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the reply. Ive already taken everything apart, that I have no trouble with!! :) .... Its working out what to do next thats complicated, what I really need to know is what that relay Im asking about does.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts