Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually park my convertibles by now, but I am having too much fun driving my R129 to give it up quite yet. I will have to with first snow... but not yet.

So I discovered my driver's side seat warmer is not operational. Passenger's side works just fine. Fuses are fine. Switch is also fine.

Is it seat cushion and torn mesh? If so, where can I get one for below stealership price?

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Yes indeed, I had Heated Seats installed in my car as it originally didn't have that option. As I recall, both seats (four pads, wiring, switches, etc) ran me about $150 or so. The OEM systems are known to have the pads fail. I am willing to bet that is your problem. So, you can splice in aftermarket pads OR buy new OEM pads.

·
R129 HTT Founder Member
7,499 Posts
... As I recall, both seats (four pads, wiring, switches, etc) ran me about $150 or so...
That's it? I thought this would cost way more. Did you do everything yourself or take it somewhere and walk out with heated seats $150 later? Please share. I'm not a big fan of heated seats but for $150 and a much happier wife I would be inclined to install. ;)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I personally have installed heated seats on approximately eight cars. For the SL, I just didn't have the time so I had the dealership do it. However, it is quite simple and basically anyone can do it!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Follow-up question - would any seat mesh/heating pad work with existing system? OEM replacement part at stealers asking absurd 400$.

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's it? I thought this would cost way more. Did you do everything yourself or take it somewhere and walk out with heated seats $150 later? Please share. I'm not a big fan of heated seats but for $150 and a much happier wife I would be inclined to install. ;)

the heated seats option was not the reason i went for the sl-2 package but driding with the top down in 60 degree weather with the heated seats is very nice.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I love them! I won't buy a new car without them and if I buy an older car they are amongst the first things I add. Aside from extending top down enjoyment, they also help when my back gets kinked-up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Guys,
For those of you who want to install or upgrade your R129 seats, this is the way to due it. It worked beautifully for me.

Attachments

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,140 Posts
I usually park my convertibles by now, but I am having too much fun driving my R129 to give it up quite yet. I will have to with first snow... but not yet.

So I discovered my driver's side seat warmer is not operational. Passenger's side works just fine. Fuses are fine. Switch is also fine.

Is it seat cushion and torn mesh? If so, where can I get one for below stealership price?
I discovered my bolster circuit in the butt cushion was fubar, but could not locate the break. I rewired so that the central portion of the butt cushion still works... Passenger seat anyway, and she doesn't know it was ever different.

Some have been lucky enough to find the break by the tattle-tale burnt spot in the foam. I didn't have such luck. The hard part is removing the cover, well, actually replacing the cover. Have fun...

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
For me...not able to open your pictures...when I try...display reads....broken image...and when I click on the image...blank page.

Guys,
For those of you who want to install or upgrade your R129 seats, this is the way to due it. It worked beautifully for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
Benica
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing