Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found some seat swivels that are pretty cheap but are not crash tested or have any safety certification. Would you fit them?

Capital Seating and Vision > Seating, Vision and Accessories for Hardworking Environments

They are £48.

Alternatives that I know of are...

FASP ones are tested and certified and cost about £100. I know some of you have had issues getting them to fit your vitos.

Reimo. Expensive but fit. Would be surprised if these are not tested/certified.

Anything else I should look at?

Anyone know if the vito and v-class seats have the same bolt configuration?

Ta!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Why don't you give capital seating a ring. I am sure they won't be entirely unsuited to the task. If you can get reimo ones they fit a treat but I could only get passenger side ones. If you do then don't get them from reimo in manchester as they take forever to get them.

I have a fasp one on the driver's side and it never fitted so I had to redrill the holes myself. Lame I know.

Cheers

Ad.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I've found some seat swivels that are pretty cheap but are not crash tested or have any safety certification. Would you fit them?

Capital Seating and Vision > Seating, Vision and Accessories for Hardworking Environments

They are £48.

Alternatives that I know of are...

FASP ones are tested and certified and cost about £100. I know some of you have had issues getting them to fit your vitos.

Reimo. Expensive but fit. Would be surprised if these are not tested/certified.

Anything else I should look at?

Anyone know if the vito and v-class seats have the same bolt configuration?

Ta!
well all i can say is that they look well made seen some i would not fit in the past and some home made ones !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
it only matters if your seat belt is mounted to them (which it doesnt look like it is) as any load will be passed through the seat belt mounting not the seat. You could bolt any seat or mounting into the van if your seat belt mounting is seperate.

A seperate seat belt mounting must be fitted with spreader plates.

In conclusion - they look good to me!

Another cheap aternative maybe to look for people carrier seats - ive been looking at toyota Lucida/ emina for my merc and in my old VW t4 fitted a set of Reno Espace - then you get comfy seats and a swivel - I paid £40 for a pair!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Just backing up what Adam said...... DONT USE REIMO MANCHESTER...... was waiting for a bed from these guys for 4 months. Kept on blameing Reimo Germany. When I spoke to Germany they said that they do not send things to Manchester because they have not been paying their bills. Best bet is to use Reimo Kent.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it only matters if your seat belt is mounted to them (which it doesnt look like it is) as any load will be passed through the seat belt mounting not the seat. You could bolt any seat or mounting into the van if your seat belt mounting is seperate.

A seperate seat belt mounting must be fitted with spreader plates.

In conclusion - they look good to me!

Another cheap aternative maybe to look for people carrier seats - ive been looking at toyota Lucida/ emina for my merc and in my old VW t4 fitted a set of Reno Espace - then you get comfy seats and a swivel - I paid £40 for a pair!
The seat belt socket is attached to the seat on the V-Class so I guess it's more critical than in the Vito. Best to go with a fasp/reimo one in this case?

The leather seats in the V-Class are very nice so I don't want to change them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Plauge. I had read that thread when I first started looking into swivels but clearly not as well as I thought I had! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts