Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 E320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver's seat in my '99 E320 won't go all the way back along the horizontal rails. Is there a reset method for the seats? The head rest is also not working, so I don't know if it's a sign that the seat as a whole needs some attention.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
There is no reset that I know of. Best have it looked at by a dealer.

·
Registered
'00 ML430, '97 E320
165 Posts
Have you searched the forum yet?

It is partially working or moving, it may be just the door control module in the door. I remember reading about another member resodering some connections in this module, worth checking before buying a new one.

·
Registered
E320 Sport W210 & S500 Sport (AMG Package) W220
45 Posts
I also had this problem with mine. someone recommended that i move the seat all the way forward (do this by getting out the car with the door open obviously [:D]) and then try moving it back. this worked for me. it also seemed to reset the headrest setting. sometimes these seats have a sensor that wont allow them to go further back if something was once hitting it when they tried to move it back. give it a try.

·
Registered
99 E320
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Success! I can't thank you enough. Well, my knees actually need to thank you the most. [:D]

·
Registered
1997 MB E320
63 Posts
My driver seat wont move back at all. It is fine when I use memory button. However, if my wife drives it and moves the seat forward, i cannot move it back, unless I use memory button. [:(]

·
Registered
1959 220S cabriolet, 1983 240D original owner, 1999 E300 turbo diesel, 1988 560SL, 2003 SLK320
3,513 Posts
Owners manual has a procedure for resynchronizing your seats/headrests.

Len

·
Registered
1999 E320
1 Posts
it does work!

I also had this problem with mine. someone recommended that i move the seat all the way forward (do this by getting out the car with the door open obviously [:D]) and then try moving it back. this worked for me. it also seemed to reset the headrest setting. sometimes these seats have a sensor that wont allow them to go further back if something was once hitting it when they tried to move it back. give it a try.
This does work!!

·
Registered
W124, W210, W212
16 Posts
Simple trick but save me tons of troubleshooting work. It worked well. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts