Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300sl (r129),porsche 997, mercedes e250 cabrio (W207,280 clk (w209) rx270 lexus)
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , bought a new set of leather , but need help before i could do them,
1. how to remove the headrest .
2 how to remove the leather from the cushions and finally , how to remove the door boards ..
mine is a 91 model, can direct me to the videos .
Thanks

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550, 1998 Harley Road King, 2011 F-150 EcoBoost, '65 Shelby Cobra
978 Posts
Hi all , bought a new set of leather , but need help before i could do them,
1. how to remove the headrest .
2 how to remove the leather from the cushions and finally , how to remove the door boards ..
mine is a 91 model, can direct me to the videos .
Thanks
1. You don't need to remove the headrests. The leather cover has a seem on the bottom. Tip the head rest all the way forward you will see it. Open and slip off old leather, slip on new and reseal the seam.
2. Remove the seat pan by removing two Phillips screws in the front on each side. Pull the pan up. It will offer some resistance as it is also held in place by spring clips. Don't be afraid, you won't break anything, just pull up with a little force.

Remove the back by moving the seal all the way forward and tip the back forward. You will see two torx screws in the seat back. Remove those and lift out the seat back.

You need video or illustrations for removing the door panels. Search this forum.

·
Registered
300sl (r129),porsche 997, mercedes e250 cabrio (W207,280 clk (w209) rx270 lexus)
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro, but does the leather on the seat also uses the seams , they don't needany clips to the cushion/ sponge?

·
Registered
2007 CLS 550, 1998 Harley Road King, 2011 F-150 EcoBoost, '65 Shelby Cobra
978 Posts
This is a hard one to explain. You need to get into your car seats and you will see what I mean. The cover edges have stiff cardboard (1/8" thick X 1/2" wide) sewn to them. The seat pan and back have grooves the cardboard stiffeners slip into. No clips.

Unless you are familiar with auto upholstery techniques, I would leave the installation to an expert. Getting the new covers in place is a major pain in the backside. Getting the seams square and all the surfaces smooth is almost impossible unless you really know what you are doing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bro , think i'll let the pro 's do it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts