Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2001 s430
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seat Occupation Sensor Emulator for Mercedes-Benz W220, W163, W210, W203, W168, | eBay

this is the exact item i bought. it informs me to match the correct color wires. but does not indicate which connector to splice in to. now under my seat there is 2 yellow plugs with red brown and white wires, as well as 2 maroon and 2 black connectors with red brown and white wires. it looks like the main connection in a black sliding connector attached to what looks like the module...(silver cylindrical type part) which one of these am i supposed to splice to? as you can see in the ebay ad. there isn't much instruction.

has anyone installed one of these? and if so can i possibly have a walk through or more detailed instructions? i was expecting it to be semi-easy, but i should have known better with mercedes.

please and thank you in advance
all info will be greatly appreciated
randy.

·
Registered
S55 AMG
191 Posts
Sorry dont know which wires you want, maybe you could use a multimeter to rule them out until you have the wires you want.
But, just out of interest, whats the idea behind it?

·
Registered
2001 s430
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
astro... im looking for the connector for the child recognition sensor. due to me not having a child and not planning on having a child seat any time soon. id like to disable the sensor. from what im aware of this particular part, is supposed to do just that. it is supposed to disable the sensor and turn off the srs light. making the airbags deploy on the passenger side in case of an accident. currently with the srs malfunctioin the airbag will not deploy on that side....

if this doesnt work, is there any way mercedes star/das can disable the sensor and reset the srs light?

as i said i dont plan on having any small children in my front passenger seat. therefore would rather it be programmed to have the airbag deploy whenever an accident occurs.

·
Registered
S55 AMG
191 Posts
Ok got you now.
Have you cured your SRS problem yet?
If not, then have you checked the wiring under the seat?
A couple of days after I got the S55 the SRS warning came on, I had visions of having to replace airbags and it costing a fortune.
However, it turned out that at some point the wires from the seatbelt sensor had been severed and someone had done a poor job of fixing them. These had come apart and caused the warning.
All it cost in the end was a trip to the dealer to have the code reset, because the warning wont go away just by fixing the fault, it has to be reset.

·
Registered
2000 S500 172K Miles
51 Posts
S55 -Cure

Ok got you now.
Have you cured your SRS problem yet?
If not, then have you checked the wiring under the seat?
A couple of days after I got the S55 the SRS warning came on, I had visions of having to replace airbags and it costing a fortune.
However, it turned out that at some point the wires from the seatbelt sensor had been severed and someone had done a poor job of fixing them. These had come apart and caused the warning.
All it cost in the end was a trip to the dealer to have the code reset, because the warning wont go away just by fixing the fault, it has to be reset.
How did you fix the problem. You do not mention that either you had the mechanic fix it or you did it. But what exactly did you do. Replace the sensor. Fix the wire, remove the seat and fix the wire.

I have the same problem and am trying to remove the seat but am having problems with the wires. it would be great if people would share their solution in detail.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

·
Registered
S55 AMG
191 Posts
Yep, just soldered the wires back together.
Luckily the broken wires were right at the front of the seat, so I didnt need to remove it.
After I did the job, I had to return to the dealer to have the codes wiped, because the warnings dont clear until you do.
If you are going to do this yourself, then use good quality solder and iron, and use heat shrink to insulate the job.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
All SRS wires and connectors are yellow but you need a wiring diagram to go further than this.

·
Registered
2000 S320
139 Posts
My local STEALER insists emulators do not cure SRS problems. He says they simply turn off the warning but that the airbags still won't deploy in the event of an accident.
I can't find any specific mention of this in the forum so can anyone advise if this is correct or not?

·
Registered
2000 S500 172K Miles
51 Posts
Yep, just soldered the wires back together.
Luckily the broken wires were right at the front of the seat, so I didnt need to remove it.
After I did the job, I had to return to the dealer to have the codes wiped, because the warnings dont clear until you do.
If you are going to do this yourself, then use good quality solder and iron, and use heat shrink to insulate the job.
Astroscan,

I have disassembled my passenger seat and unfortunately after checking for continuity it is not my wiring that is the problem. My only thought is what if is was the seat belt causing the SRS light to stay lit. Well it took me more than 10 hours to get the S500 passenger seat apart and now I am looking at 10 more to get it back together. Driving with one front seat is not a bad experience. Now I do not need a sensor at all no child no passengers. LOL.

I am not sure if the emulator prevents an airbag from deploying that would be a horrendous and most likely illegal item to sell.

I want the emulator to keep the airbags on all the time as I also will not have children in the front seat. Never have and never will. However the point was made what happens if someone else is driving the car. Which is a great point.

·
52,804 Posts
My local STEALER insists emulators do not cure SRS problems. He says they simply turn off the warning but that the airbags still won't deploy in the event of an accident.
I can't find any specific mention of this in the forum so can anyone advise if this is correct or not?
Any tampering with the SRS wiring may cause the system to go faulty in an accident and because the system has been tampered with you will not know if the system is actually active or not, I for one would not like to wait for an accident to find out.

·
Registered
1999 W220 S500L
24 Posts
I also have a problem with this.

When the passenger seat is ocupied the SRS light is off, as soon as the passenger exits the vehicle the SRS light comes on and remains on until the seat is ocupied again.

·
52,804 Posts
I also have a problem with this.

When the passenger seat is ocupied the SRS light is off, as soon as the passenger exits the vehicle the SRS light comes on and remains on until the seat is ocupied again.
Hi Terry, I believe you have the W220 yes? Your profile only shows the Rover. And do you mean the main SRS light in the instrument cluster?

·
Registered
2004 W220 S320CDI
121 Posts
Hi Terry, I believe you have the W220 yes? Your profile only shows the Rover. And do you mean the main SRS light in the instrument cluster?
Hi Eric

In my 'User CP' my vehicle is listed as a '2000 W220 S500L' I have no idea why my vehicle is shown as a Range Rover unless the forum software is psychic as I did own a Range Rover before the S500, maybe an administrator can look into this.

EDIT: The correct vehicle details are now shown despite nothing having been changed at my end, strange.

To answer your second question, the SRS light seen is the one in the instrument cluster.

·
52,804 Posts
Hi Eric

In my 'User CP' my vehicle is listed as a '2000 W220 S500L' I have no idea why my vehicle is shown as a Range Rover unless the forum software is psychic as I did own a Range Rover before the S500, maybe an administrator can look into this.

EDIT: The correct vehicle details are now shown despite nothing having been changed at my end, strange.

To answer your second question, the SRS light seen is the one in the instrument cluster.
WOW, something very wrong there, need fault codes checked.

·
Registered
2004 W220 S320CDI
121 Posts
WOW, something very wrong there, need fault codes checked.
As it happens I have just had my annual free MB winter safety check carried out, this includes a test with SDS

The following is noted:

AB - Airbag

Code: B1315 009 Component B48 (front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) is defective.

·
52,804 Posts
As it happens I have just had my annual free MB winter safety check carried out, this includes a test with SDS

The following is noted:

AB - Airbag

Code: B1315 009 Component B48 (front passenger seat occupied and child seat recognition) is defective.

Given this particular code, even if the light is out the air bag may not deploy in an accident.

·
Registered
'03 Mercedes S320cdi, '01 Mercedes S430
72 Posts
So I cant really see that how do I fit this emulator unit?
I have one in my hands but I need to know where to connect the 3 cables?
The thing is I have now 3 Mercedes S Class and all the 3 has the same bloody problem with the child seat!
It is a bit annoying I think. And also find ridiculous from the MB side. If something is clearly not working then pls dont fit it in our cars... thats what I think...

·
Registered
1987 300E (sold) , W203 C320 2001 (09/2013), W210 E320 1999 wagon 4matic (10/2013)
115 Posts
Airbag Seat occupancy mat sensor bypass unit comparison

This might help ... explain

Airbag Seat occupancy mat sensor bypass unit comparison

The video is for BMW but it must be the same for Mercedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWKYIRxIZdk

This guy website has some Mercedes unit for sale too ...

·
Registered
2004 C240
1 Posts
I bought a same emulator, also i don't know how the way to connect to my car, C240 2005 W203, 3 wires on connector: brow, pink and blue. I tried to as: brow (connector) -> brow (emulator), blue -> white, pink -> red. After working, Airbag passenger Off -> always on. I don't know it correct or not ?

Please help me to know....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts