Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a front passenger seat from a 1998 S600 installed in a 1997 S420. The yellow switch under the seat, which is the Seat Occupancy Sensor Switch, has 3 cables. The 1997 S420 has 2 Cables. Does anybody know how i can connect the 2 cable switch from the 1997 car to the 3 cable switch to the 1998 seat, so that the SRS light will go off ?

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can i combine/bridge the 4 cables from the red switch which is the seat occupancy and seat belt retractor switch from the 1997 S420 and just plug it in the 1998 S600 seat where it has the red switch ? The 1998 S600 switch has a red switch with 2 cables which is for the seat belt retraction system, and avoid it's yellow switch, which has 3 cables, which is for the seat occupancy sensor. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Registered
'98 S420
16 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Merc600sec had your answer a couple of threads ago. You should be able to take the seat apart (i.e. take the leather off, etc.) and move all of the sensors and wiring from the old seat to the new one.

IMHO this would be the quickest and easiest path to the correcting your compatibility problem. Trying to hack the cables together may cause undesirable behavior or even outright failure of some rather expensive electronic components.

Alldatadiy has diagrams that show where all of the internal seat components live if you need specific instructions. A subscription to it is a good investment in any case if you plan to do DIY repairs.

·
Registered
SEC 600 V12 2dr COUPE (RHD) One of the chosen few.
2,233 Posts
Can i combine/bridge the 4 cables from the red switch which is the seat occupancy and seat belt retractor switch from the 1997 S420 and just plug it in the 1998 S600 seat where it has the red switch ? The 1998 S600 switch has a red switch with 2 cables which is for the seat belt retraction system, and avoid it's yellow switch, which has 3 cables, which is for the seat occupancy sensor. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Hmmm..
Do they have the Darwin awards where you come from? Do it your way..Of course you might be able to set the explosive charge for the seat belt off.. and deploy the airbags ..and then you will have a very expensive dugout canoe..Just do the job properly...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts