Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone come up with a good mod for this lever? maybe shorten the lever and put on a smaller handle: it's huge!!!![:0] i drive 160 miles a day, 98% on highway in cruise mode.[:p] that thing gets to be anoying (sp).[^]
any input will be great. thankx [:D]

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
its right under your butt. the thing doesnt get in the way at all. what about it bothers you?

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DEATHERAGE - 4/8/2005 2:39 PM

its right under your butt. the thing doesnt get in the way at all. what about it bothers you?

sorry, i guess i wasn't very clear. not the up/down controll. the lever that let's you move the seat forward and back. i don't know about anyone else's, but mine is at the front of the seat right by my right foot.

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
the handel that moves the seat forward and back. Bottom right of the seat (drivers side) pass side its on the bottom left part of the seat.

It isnt in the way AT all EVER. are u 2 ft tall?>

why does it bother you.

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess i drive funny [:I]. when i have the cruise set, i like to bend my legs; so my heels are right up against the front of the seat. so therefore that lever digs into my heel [:(]. i guess i could just put my foot on the dash [:p]

·
Registered
1999 SLK230 Kompressor
332 Posts
Or you could bring a little cushion with you on your trips to place against this when you drive - just might work for you. [:D]

·
Registered
2005 CLK200 Komp, 2007 R350
680 Posts
Or you could just learn to drive like a normal person

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230- RED
461 Posts
Or you could remember that for every second that your car travels at 60 mph (about 100 km/hour) and you are not on the brakes, you travel 88 feet.....if it takes you one second to reach the brakes in emergency situation, you might be toast. Get a tape measure and go out and step it off. Then think how far INTO the gardrail or wall you would be.

Regards

·
Registered
2001 SLK 230
1,226 Posts
cut it off and make a plastic adapter from homedepot for like $2.00 and only use the handel when u wanna move the seat.

Sounds like u drive like an idiot tho I tried it and it would take me way to long to get to my brake.

--Deathy

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Sounds like u drive like an idiot"

that's alittle harsh. i just read a post from you, and you were running over 80 mph, but that's not driving like an idiot? i bring my leg back when i'm on the highway and NO ONE is around. and never with other people in the car. it takes me 1 second longer to get to the brake.
sorry i brought it up, i thought i could get intelligent feed back: not name calling.

·
Registered
2002 SLK 32 AMG
1,219 Posts
barndogz - 4/12/2005 5:00 PM

sorry i brought it up, i thought i could get intelligent feed back: not name calling.
Don't take it personally, it's just Deathy. He treats us all that way. [:D][8D][:D]

·
Registered
2000 slk230 Komp
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
16falcon - 4/12/2005 6:58 PM

barndogz - 4/12/2005 5:00 PM

Don't take it personally, it's just Deathy. He treats us all that way. [:D][8D][:D]

THAT'S good to know. i thought it was just me [:(]
i guess i was being overly sensative [:I]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts