Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1986 460 LWB
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I looked all over for attractive seat covers for my 1986 460 - from the US to England to Africa - and could not find any. My seats are in good condition, but I wanted to preserve them. No one seemed to make products for the G-Wagen, other than sheepskin covers, which I already owned.

I ordered the seat covers in the photos below from Cabellas, and had the Mercedes logo sewn on by the local laundry. I am very happy with the result. The colors go well with my grey plaid interior, and the seat covers are good quality canvas.

I thought I would share the photos in case others are looking for ideas. I know this topic comes up from time-to-time.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 G55k Eurocharged
113 Posts
Nice! Do they have these in other colors?

·
Registered
1986 460 LWB
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi -

Yes, but just tan and "mossy oak." What I liked about this set of seat covers is that they can be adjusted to fit the seats. Most companies do not offer seat covers that fit the G-Wagen, other than loose fitting universal covers. You can find the seat covers on the Cabelas web site.

·
Registered
2008 G55k Eurocharged
113 Posts
Hi -

Yes, but just tan and "mossy oak." What I liked about this set of seat covers is that they can be adjusted to fit the seats. Most companies do not offer seat covers that fit the G-Wagen, other than loose fitting universal covers. You can find the seat covers on the Cabelas web site.
Thanks!

Just had a look on the Cabelas site. Pretty reasonably priced and nice that they adjust to the contour of the seats. I think I may need to place an order!

·
Registered
1986 460 LWB
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear seat covers do not have an opening for the levers to lower the seat (and latch), and do not fit quite as nicely over the rear headrests (only two) as the front seat covers. There are spaces for seat belts. I created an opening to accomodate the levers and latch.

By the way, as you may note from the photos, there are numerous storage compartments in the back of the seat covers. I keep bottled water in one compartment. It is very convenient to access them from the front seat, and obviously more convenient for passengers in the back seat.

Overall, they work very well, and cosmeticaly appear very nice. There is a Cabela's logo, which is apparent on their website, that I covered with the Mercedes patches (available on ebay). However, the Cabelas patch looks nice and does not distract from the appearance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts