Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CL500
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the seat cooling function in my CL500. When I press the seat cooling selector, the fan under the seat goes on, but the seat does seem to be cooled. Is cooled air from the air con system supposed to blow through the seat, or is the function merely limited to a fan blowing normal air through the seat? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
'02 CL500
376 Posts
I have a problem with the seat cooling function in my CL500. When I press the seat cooling selector, the fan under the seat goes on, but the seat does seem to be cooled. Is cooled air from the air con system supposed to blow through the seat, or is the function merely limited to a fan blowing normal air through the seat? Any help is appreciated.

The air conditioning system is not a part of the seat cooling function. The fans merely blow cabin air thru the seats. This is probably the most misunderstood option as the majority think a/c air is distributed thru the seats. Trust me, you don't want 40 degree air being blown on your butt as you will literally freeze your ass off.

·
Registered
2004 ML500, 2005 CL500, 2012 C300 4Matic
9 Posts
I could not agree more and I was confused as well when I first got my CL. A better term (and I think the one that Mercedes technically uses) is "ventillated seats". Basically the fans just circulate the air though the seat cushions. It's subtle but a nice feature for those of us in warm areas - keeps your back and butt from sticking to the seat :)

·
Registered
2003 Lincoln LS V8
115 Posts
I'm not 100% certain, but I believe it actually sucks air from the seats and blows it out the back instead of blowing it through the seats. Either way, when I first got the car I didn't think it was working, until I drove without it and realized that my butt was sweating. It's very subtle, but it does work.

·
Registered
1970 w109 6.3, 2014 ML350 (petrol) AMG kitted, 2004 Vito 115 crewbus, 2003 CL600 V12 bi-turbo
415 Posts
Where is the switch for this feature? I thought I had just about everything going in my 03 600 (appart from distronic), but don't think I have this option.

·
Premium Member
Mercedes-Benz
11,490 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I just found out that the cooled seats are not linked to the AC system--and believe me, it IS Nice to have air conditioned air blowing through the seats. It works this way on the Lexus chilled seats--this "fan only" feature is pretty much useless on the CL500!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts