Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 G500 2003 ML350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 G-500 slow start on the first extremely cold morning of the year. No big deal, time for a battery, I think.
Once started, the driver's side power seat controls produce no results and none of the power windows function.
I'm thinking maybe the ECU is not receiving sufficient voltage to recognize the signal but I have no idea as I have yet to buy a shop manual for this truck.
Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
2002 G-500 slow start on the first extremely cold morning of the year. No big deal, time for a battery, I think.
Once started, the driver's side power seat controls produce no results and none of the power windows function.
I'm thinking maybe the ECU is not receiving sufficient voltage to recognize the signal but I have no idea as I have yet to buy a shop manual for this truck.
Any advice is appreciated.
Battery, then fuse, then BCM would be my first items to investigate.

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
With a battery under voltage can cause many fault codes set on the computer. You need to change the battery and clear all the fault codes first.

·
Registered
2002 G500 2003 ML350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced the battery. All controls work except for anything on the drivers door. Will look for bad connections today. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
2002 G500 2003 ML350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No connection problems. Took door panel off and all is connected properly.
All fuses on drivers side panel OK.
Lock solenoid on drivers door is now slow also.
All doors, except for the drivers door, have functioning window control switches.
Power mirror control works on pass. side but not drivers side.
Seat controls do not function on drivers seat but function normally on passenger side.
Any ideas?
Eric - I don't have a code scanner... is there a way I can reset the codes?
Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2002 MB G400CDI-1992 MB 300E-24- 2005 Mini Cooper S
362 Posts
Have you tried contact spray in all the contacts?

Although i think its something more important..

·
Registered
2002 G500 2003 ML350
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think it's a physical connection issue as it happened too quickly and completely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts