Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Really hoping someone might be able to help me. So I will be wearing my seat belt but the warning beep will still come on. Sometimes if I move the belt in the buckle part where it snaps it, that stops the beeping for a bit. It is driving me crazy though. I don't even want to go on long trips now due to it. I still want to wear my seat belt but is there a way to disconnect the wire or something or any other solution to end the beeping! Any help is very appreciated. It's a 2011 B200.

·
Registered
B180 CDI Sport 6sp '09
227 Posts
Disable it via Vediamo, or Xentry Das ( Mercedes diagnostics- Coding ) Check the connectors under the seat.
or bridge the two wires that are coming from buckle snap... to it always thinks that belt is clipped in.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,994 Posts
A temporary fix is fine but if it was my B, I would definitely take it apart and find the bad wire or defective switch or dirty connection and have it working normally.

This should not be an expensive repair..just a bit of time to take the clip apart..and such..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A temporary fix is fine but if it was my B, I would definitely take it apart and find the bad wire or defective switch or dirty connection and have it working normally.

This should not be an expensive repair..just a bit of time to take the clip apart..and such..
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I guess I will have to take in and get it fixed. I was worried about it costing a lot but I guess we will see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Disable it via Vediamo, or Xentry Das ( Mercedes diagnostics- Coding ) Check the connectors under the seat.
or bridge the two wires that are coming from buckle snap... to it always thinks that belt is clipped in.
Hi, thank you for replying. The thing is that the belt is always snapped in and the beeping keeps happening. I was hoping there was just a wire or something I could unplug to stop it. I read that sometimes the wire for the seatbelt is under neither the seat or near the back just under seat. I just wish it was a simple fix because driving around with your seat belt on shouldn't be an annoyance but let me tell you constantly hearing that beeping when driving is enough to drive a person crazy. I just don't understand since it should be as simple as: get in the car, put on the seatbelt, beeping stops! but no it's the first two but beeping doesn't stop. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
2006 B 200 .....& Audi A6..
7,994 Posts
Did you expose the wires at that seat belt snap?...That's a start...

Removing the seat belt snap bolt should be doable....and that would give you some access to look and open up the belt snap.

·
Registered
B180 CDI Sport 6sp '09
227 Posts
Just code it out, until you fix it. So the beeping stops, and there wont be seatbelt warning on dash.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts