Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post in this forum, so sorry if this topic has been brought up. I purchased a 2005 E320 recently and I am wondering if anyone knows how to either shut off or adjust the sensor in the seat that triggers the seat belt chime. It seems way too sensitive. If you put chinese food or a bag on the passenger seat, the car thinks you have a passenger and chimes over and over. It's pretty annoying. I asked my dealer and he said there was nothing that could be done. Is he right?

·
Registered
ML550, W212 E350 4 matic, 1966 Corvette C2 convt.
2,675 Posts
Have the same problem with my new E320 4M. I will have a discussion with my SA who is great and see what can be done. In fact I would like to totally disable the flashing seatbelt light and chime as I do not always buckle up. I see where you are from. My car while purchased from West Chester MB actually came from R and S's inventory near you. Same ownership. I think these people are great and this is the 4th vehicle I have purchased from them since 98 with another on order. No one on this or the other forum has replied to my query about this situation except to chide me about not fastening my belt

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you. I don't always want to buckle up either. It's like big brother watching over you. I have a 2005 Slk350 and it couldn't care less if you don't buckle up. No annoying chimes at all. And I can go a lot faster in that baby. My kind of car. Anyway, if anyone has any input on how to either shut off the chime or at least diminish it's sensitivity, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
2005 E320 Sport AMG
27 Posts
That seatbelt chime is driving me crazy as well. I was thinking of going to the dealer and buying a spare seatbelt and just cut out the buckle and snap it in there when im driving. Im sure that would cure the problem. Although im going to try the pressing the release button once and see what happens. I hate wearing my seat belt too. Especially when you have coat on or something. Severely uncomfortable. I know I'm wrong but it's my ass thats going through the window. LOL

·
Registered
2005 E320 Sport AMG
27 Posts
Well, I tried the pressing of the seat belt release button and "No Dice Chicago" I guess I will go for the buckle in the slot idea. I dont think ordering a buckle for MB should be to expensive.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts