Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SLK350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SLK350
When I start the engine, everything lights and beeps.. then it's ready to go.
However, The seat belt notification light doesn't come on or beep when
I don't buckle my seatbelt... Even after I drive..
Also the Passenger airbag light doesn't come on (to show it's off) if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, nor does it come on when someone is sitting
on the seat (to show it's On).

I took it into the Mercedes dealer to get it fixed..
They told me it's 'Normal'.. And that they've tested two other cars of the
same model/year and it does the same thing.
I then tested the 07' and 08' models and all the lights and beeping sounds
do what it's Supposed to do.

I don't believe it's a 'Normal' thing for the Seatbelt light to not flash or beep if I don't buckle up.. And I don't believe that the passenger air bag light doesn't lite up when no one is in the seat..

If anyone HAS a 2006 model, please let me know if yours is doing the same thing.. just for the peace of mind to drive and feel safe that all the Security functions are working properly.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
The seat belt warning tone can be switched off by star diagnosis, perhaps that has been done to your car and the other one the dealer referred to?

In my car the SRS indicator, as others, turn on shortly when switching ignition on (showing they are OK) but no (passenger) SRS light comes on if there is no passenger sitting on the other front seat. Only if there is a child seat at the front that switches the front air bag off, an indicator comes on.

There is a sensor on the passenger seat, the passenger air bag would not operate in an accident if there was nobody sitting on the seat. But this does not need any (disturbing) indicator.

Perhaps the SLK is different from my cars though.

I wonder how this dealer fixes issues that are common on all cars of one specific type, if they always refer that a similar car behaves the same way?

·
Registered
2004, CLK 320
10 Posts
I have a 2006 SLK350
When I start the engine, everything lights and beeps.. then it's ready to go.
However, The seat belt notification light doesn't come on or beep when
I don't buckle my seatbelt... Even after I drive..
Also the Passenger airbag light doesn't come on (to show it's off) if no one is sitting in the passenger seat, nor does it come on when someone is sitting
on the seat (to show it's On).

I took it into the Mercedes dealer to get it fixed..
They told me it's 'Normal'.. And that they've tested two other cars of the
same model/year and it does the same thing.
I then tested the 07' and 08' models and all the lights and beeping sounds
do what it's Supposed to do.

I don't believe it's a 'Normal' thing for the Seatbelt light to not flash or beep if I don't buckle up.. And I don't believe that the passenger air bag light doesn't lite up when no one is in the seat..

If anyone HAS a 2006 model, please let me know if yours is doing the same thing.. just for the peace of mind to drive and feel safe that all the Security functions are working properly.

Thanks.
I have found out the SRS can all so an easy correction, unbolt your left seat, lift backword and see the yellow connectons, unclip so you can handle the cables, cut each cable one by one as you solder each one as you go, just help no incorrect cables mixed up. and you may find there is no problem any more, I did it to my CLK and SRS is gone. the cable connections get old and need to be replaced or ust solder up the cables, as how offen do you tack your seat out, ??? hope it was help full.

·
190E, SLK350
67,599 Posts
That sounds like surgery. Use a meter to verify continuity before you slice and dice.
I would worry about the airbags going off of you cut the wrong wire (yellow I think).

·
Registered
2004, CLK 320
10 Posts
That sounds like surgery. Use a meter to verify continuity before you slice and dice.
I would worry about the airbags going off of you cut the wrong wire (yellow I think).
You are correct, I did forget to explain you have to disconnect your battery, then solder, then you will not have any problems, and OK you have to re-connect your battery so you can test your car, LOL :)

·
Registered
2004, CLK 320
10 Posts
You are correct, I did forget to explain you have to disconnect your battery, then solder, then you will not have any problems, and OK you have to re-connect your battery so you can test your car, LOL :)
and as I did explain by cutting (a) cable then solder then together, then the next cable cut and solder, one by one you wont have any issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts