Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1964 MERCEDES BENZ 220S chassis 111.012
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help , folks. My 1964 Mercedes 220S chassis W111 never had seat belts when purchased.
Can anyone help me with the correct anchor points and attachments for my front bucket seats.
I have already purchased a retractor 3 point system plus the buckle for each seat. Any pictures would really help ! Thank you folks.

·
Registered
Ferguson TED-20 1956, Mercedes-Benz 220 S 1963, Valmet 502 1973, Mercedes-Benz S 500c 1996
158 Posts
See the link below; you should have the upper and center tunnel anchor point already in place, but you probably have to drill through the floor for the outer lower anchor point (i.e make it from scratch)

I did the belts on my 63 W111 and ended up using only the upper anchor point.
I put the roller on the floor right at the B-pillar (new hole)
I fastend the (quite long) latch on the underside of the seat and looped it up on the side of the chair. when the latch moves with the chair it is always in a good position, rather than to much or to little depending on the adjustment of the chair.
I fastend the lower anchor point on the lower backrest adjustment frame on the outer side of the front seat, yet again, in order to enable it to move with the seat.

feeling worried that fasten it on the chair might be a bad idea in case it comes of in a crash? Dont be! the seats were designed to catch the rear seat passengers so they wouldn't fly out on the front seat passenger (who would safely land on the very soft padded dashboard. (that's why the seats are so insanely heavy...)

Let me know how it goes!

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,465 Posts
I need your help , folks. My 1964 Mercedes 220S chassis W111 never had seat belts when purchased.
Can anyone help me with the correct anchor points and attachments for my front bucket seats.
I have already purchased a retractor 3 point system plus the buckle for each seat. Any pictures would really help ! Thank you folks.
Any of the old Rally people, or Tom at Mercedes Classics Center in Irvine, CA should be able to help.

Mercedes-Benz rally driver Ewy Rosqvist celebrates her 85th birthday
Winner of the 1962 Argentinian Touring Car Grand Prix with Ursula Wirth in a Mercedes-Benz 220 SE (W 111)

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
39,465 Posts
Any of the old Rally people, or Tom at Mercedes Classics Center in Irvine, CA should be able to help.

Mercedes-Benz rally driver Ewy Rosqvist celebrates her 85th birthday
Winner of the 1962 Argentinian Touring Car Grand Prix with Ursula Wirth in a Mercedes-Benz 220 SE (W 111)

My uncle Otto had the 170V convertible shown. Lots of cool old Mercedes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts