My Car Loves It

It is good stuff, but not very often.
Like Crack, or a cheap date.
B

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Once a year

just use it in the gas.Yearly to keep injectors clean.No need to add it to the oil,that you keeep clean with the proper oil and filter and change intervals.:thumbsup:
:bowdown:

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Run the

tank down low and what I do is put in one can and fill the tank half full with fuel to mix it up.Then at this double strength ratio run the tank till the reserve light comes on and then fill as normal.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at my next fill up

1 full can of seafoam and half a tank of gass

next fill up

full tank?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
One

can mixed in the half tank,then run till near empty and fill as normal
(no seafoam) in that fill.Understood:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
Has anyone ever put seafoam through a vac line? Ive done it once and the result was a huge cloud of white smoke out of the exhaust.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some people add it in their fuel to clean the fuel system.

Some in pour a lil in their oil and run it for awhile to pretty much "flush" the engine and clean it up, then do an instant oil change.

Some do it through the vac lines to clean the intake system and internals, this will cause a big cloud of smoke and your car will run poor for short period of time. Once seafoam finish what its there to do, your car will go back to a even better running condition.

There was a big discussion about Seafoam in another forum i visit, but their down for site maintenance for the weekend, monday i should have the link posted.

And for reviews, this stuff works great. I never met a person that used seafoam correctly walk away unpleased with the performance gained from a much cleaner engine.

But be warned, this stuff is tough. Its cleans so good that its bad if used on a regular bias. Engine build up in the internals is good, but you dont want alot. The build up help form tighter seals and protect the engine, pretty much like oil. Its always good to clean it up a lil to break down the build up, but using seafoam too much will clean it up too much and who knows what your seals ect might do.

But this is only possible with seafoam substance abuse. So using it a few times a year wont cause this. haha

-Q

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the tip

if i run in my gas tank whats gonna happen?

slow performance? smoke? what?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ah, my favorite subject. Nothing will happen. No smoke. I have used SeaFoam on a regular basis the past year and a half. I put it in my crankcase and my gas. I am not "hooked" on the stuff as some have suggested can happen. But it has done wonders for my E420. I used to get a "secondary air injection pump" engine light when I first bought this car. I took it to the MB dealership and they wanted to tear down my motor to clean out the carbon. Their quote: $4,000.

The service writer then suggested I try an engine flush product and suggested BG products. I asked around and found that SeaFoam was also a good choice. So I bought some and poured a can in my crankcase and one in my gas. My gas tank was about 1/4 full at the time. I drove the crap out of it for about 30 minutes and low and behold that check engine light never came back on. So, the SeaFoam saved me $4,000!

Now I use it regularly. About two times a year I run it in the gas. Then just before I change my oil I run a can for a few hundred miles then change the oil. The E420 engine has a carbon build-up problem and this seems to keep it clean. My engine has 164,000 miles on it and it runs great.

Good luck. ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Note

His 420 engine is not the M112 and does not require synthetic oil,so he can use the seafoam in the oil before changes.I would not suggest that for the M112 engines.Proper filter and mb spec synthetic at the proper intervals will keep that engine clean with no additives needed in the crankcase.
ohlord:bowdown:
deja vu?

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Engine build up in the internals is good, but you dont want alot. The build up help form tighter seals and protect the engine, pretty much like oil. Its always good to clean it up a lil to break down the build up, but using seafoam too much will clean it up too much and who knows what your seals ect might do.
Build-up is good? News to me. Such breaking news, that I just cannot believe it without evidence.

Engines need to be broken in to wear the parts together, not to build up substances.

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
I don't know if this is true for all models, but MB only recommends 2 gasoline additives: Chevron Techron Concentrate and Keropur 3131 S45 N (MB # 000 989 25 45 12). You can buy the Keropur from a dealer and neither of these cost very much.

There are dozens of these things on the market and I have also seen several people recommend Lucas products. Other than Techron and the MB product I have only used some of the BG ones (not in the Benz, but in other cars) and I think they are safe. I say this partly because my dealer stocks BG and I had to have them special order the MB stuff for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hmm, well i did it

i had a 1/2 tank of gas, so opened the gas cap..and poured it..thing is

that little flap wasn't open, but yet somehow it was going in..after i was done, i saw a puddle of the seafoam liquid drip from behind the rear wheel

started it up, nothing unusual, revved it..nothing happened..the engine started up as normal..the high idle was gone, but that happens when the car is warm..so i don't think it did anything

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You

probably did not get it into the tank.You need to stick a dowel or long thin object to open that little flap while pouring in the additive(hold onto the stick),otherwise it just flows out the vent hole onto the ground.When in the tank you won't notice anything right away,it wont smoke or tell you it is working it just cleans the injectors while you drive.

A vacuum line would be one going to the brake booster,no need to do this measure to the m112 or m113 engines they run pretty clean and no need for the vac line method
:bowdown:eek:hlord

1 - 20 of 30 Posts