Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Mercedes SLK320 Sport. R170
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recentently purchased the SDS/DAS Mercedes diagnostic system for my 2001 R170 SLK 320. When I ran the quick scan all the modules in the car reported back as you can see in the picture. There were a few fault codes stored. Some had a large capitol -F- while some had a small letter -f-. In my research I found that the large -F- meant a recent code and the small -f- meant an old code. I checked all the listed systems and they are all performing and working properly now so I cleared those codes and they have not returned.
However the AB or Air Bag System has an exclaimation point -!- after it and this means an EVENT was stored in "the log". Well I have probed the airbag system and all the components come back within parameters and have check markes indicating they are all okay. How ever I can not find an "event log" to find out what would tell me about the "event" AND I can't erase the exclaimation point either. Can someone give me a detailed description of what that -!- means and can I erase it?
Thank you for taking your time to respond to my question.

Regards,
Lisa
20200101_170937.jpg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is pretty amazing, 375 folks have read this post and not one response in 8 days. I didn't realize that I was asking an impossible question. Maybe there is a Mercedes Tech that will eventually see this and have the answer. I can only hope. Thanks to all that have read this and checked it out and lets hope we get the answer to my question.....

·
Registered
1998 , SLK 230
246 Posts
I don't have your diagnostic system, but are you sure they're aren't instructions hidden somewhere in your software package?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike for taking your time to respond to my question.
Well if there are instructions hidden in the software package I haven't found them yet. I thought this would be an easy question for someone like a factory mechanic that uses this set up every day. But apparently not many folks have run into this to be familiar with it. I'll keep my fingers crossed I find the answer one day.
Thanks again for your time,

Lisa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts