Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes S Class W220 2002
3 Posts
Unfortunately I cannot double-check with the mux because I'm travelling this week but I thought you cannot switch the mux off when it is connected to a car.

You did not provide any proof that your batteries are good. You may have new batteries but even new batteries may be bad. You should try to charge them fully and then load them properly to test how well they can supply current and how long. Try to use at least 0.5 A load for the test. Or try a new set of batteries.

It is a good idea not to connect your laptop to internet but for different reasons than your SW getting corrupt, if the SW has been properly configured. But you can use another hard drive to test the laptop just to test the WLAN interface.

Since you have inserted charged batteries to your mux, you've already done everything that can affect warranty, if removing the WLAN card from the mux would do that (when you remove batteries, the WLAN card is there and you can remove and reinstall it without any signs left that you did it).

The mux should work with a car with one cal.ini setting, both with the LAN and the WLAN connection (I've understood that exceptions exist) but now your setting is for WLAN.
Hi,
Could you please help me. I have bought from china MB star C4 SDconnect and when I'm trying to connect on display show me "Device not in use". Is it broken MUX or not?
Thank you

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
Hi,
I just bought MB Star C4 SDconnect and MUX display show "Device not in use". I'am using external HDD with VMware player. I have tried connect tool to my laptop with network cable and no connection. SD card slot is empty. I have tried to connect through wireless connection and I connection on my laptop, but I do not have WLAN on external HDD.
Is it broken MUX or what? Could you help me please.
Sounds like you have not configured your tool at all. You can find configuration instructions from your laptop (as discussed above, either your shop has put some instructions to your hard drive or you can read the official documents from the info application.

You should not expect WLAN on an external drive but you should have WLAN on your (host) computer. By the way I find it odd that you run the cheap virtual machine with a relatively expensive tool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi Everybody again. I was away for few days. After all these scary stories about my MUX being black listed, blocked and cheap Chinese copy, I'm glad to report that it is working now. Well, I can connect wireless and wire. Also quick test went OK. I will explore more.
Big THANK you to all who helped me here. Especially Mr Diesel Benz.:bowdown:
Some advice to Mr.arvydas2 , do not bother with VM. Long time ago I tried to use VM with my old C3. Waste of time. Buy cheap Dell 620 (£ 120) and get native version. This is what I have. As Mr Diesel Benz pointed above it does not make any sense to use VM. Also about configuration. I had similar situation just a while ago, got SD nothing worked after some setting and experiments it came alive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
do anyone try to connect the sdconnect to fuso truck? i try today but it seem cant work. the error message was wrong connector or faulty das data base. so what the problem???

·
Registered
2002 CLK320 convertible, 50K miles, ex. flood vehicle
7 Posts
Hi Everybody again. I was away for few days. After all these scary stories about my MUX being black listed, blocked and cheap Chinese copy, I'm glad to report that it is working now. Well, I can connect wireless and wire. Also quick test went OK. I will explore more.
Big THANK you to all who helped me here. Especially Mr Diesel Benz.:bowdown:
Some advice to Mr.arvydas2 , do not bother with VM. Long time ago I tried to use VM with my old C3. Waste of time. Buy cheap Dell 620 (£ 120) and get native version. This is what I have. As Mr Diesel Benz pointed above it does not make any sense to use VM. Also about configuration. I had similar situation just a while ago, got SD nothing worked after some setting and experiments it came alive.
I have the same problem. I bought a China unit MUX and the SDconnect shows that there is no connection between the MUX and the laptop even though the MUX green light is lit. I am running the external HDD on a D620 with VMware as Arvydas is. Is there something I can do because I have the D620 as mentioned above by Lady Merc (native)? And where can I find configuration isntructions as mentioned by Diesel. Thanks so much for the help in advance

·
Registered
Mercedes S Class W220 2002
3 Posts
Hi everybody,
My MUX was replaced with new one by China supplier and also they changed my external HDD to internal. I have bought Dell 630 on eBay (£160) and now my tool working perfectly.
I using wi fi connection. Thanks to everyone for help.
My suggestion is - Dell 620 or 630 and internal HDD.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I just bought a sds with SDconnent c4 from China, I tried to configured but I keep getting an error message 749 on the MUX? Am I doing something wrong?

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,861 Posts
Is it a the CAL 749 message?

·
Super Moderator
22,861 Posts
Also never ever allow the SD Connect to take the firmware update. It will be a brick if it does.
To get rid of the update message, rename the three update folders in C:\Program Files\SDconnect Toolkit then reboot..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don't know what CAL means? So I follow the instructions from a YouTube video, I set the IP address on the Network Connections then I tried to set it at the SDconnect Toolkit under Register/configure but I get that error: Admininestration-Due to network problems, no connection to the SDconnect established (749). Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
22,861 Posts
In your cal.ini file it has to set to part W. It defaults to T. If it s at part T change it to part W.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I attempt to look for the file cal.ini, had no luck. I'm I suppose to use the IP address from the MUX when you click the i button it gives you a IP address?

·
Super Moderator
22,861 Posts
Use the windows search feature for the cal.ini file. We have to check that first.

I have no idea on the IP address of the mux if you are basing it on a youtube video. Most of the MB SDS videos on youtube are full of incorrect info.

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
I'm I suppose to use the IP address from the MUX when you click the i button it gives you a IP address?
Which IP address are you referring to? The mux would show you its WLAN IP address, not the LAN IP address.

Set your PC Ethernet network card for fixed IP at 172.29.127.119, subnet mask 255.255.0.0 and use sdnc to configure the SDconnect mux with the LAN cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a T30 with SDconnent c4 from China. Im getting hard time to connect network. when I connect cable to the internet my network card light up and connecting to the internet. Bat when i connect SD connect it says network cable unplugged. and no lights from back of laptop from network card. And when i connect C4 to other laptop network is working and connecting fine. I dont know what else to check.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Read Diesel Benz info above. You need to set your IP in Windows XP network connections first, in order to connect to your SD by wire. The same apllies to wireless connection. SD is using Static IP addresses hence you need to change that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for reply. I tried static 172.29.127.119 and i tried dhcp. No luck it says network connection unplugged. I you can i can give you my teamviwer id you can check it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Connection and battery woes

Can you connect your laptop to any other LAN devices? Is your socket, cable OK?
@Lady-Merc - have the battery issues gone away after the connections worked or your C4 continues to burn through batteries? Can you turn it off on its panel?

I am having the same issues with connection and IP addresses and the guidance in this discussion will help as I will try them out. I have a Dell 630 with the latest version software 03/2013 and a Chinese made C4 that behaves exactly as you've described - cannot be turned off in the front panel, burns through new batteries in 5 minutes and has difficulties connecting though it can be seen by the notebook - little icon shows up unlocked on the icon bar.

I have configured the notebook for static IP 179.29.127.119 & mask 255.255.0.0. The SD icon shows number 5 with an open padlock. All the software is working including Xentry and DAS, but still need some work to get the MUX to play nice. I will now try to see the configurations required on the MUX. It has a Netgear WIFI card in it but for now I will be using the wired LAN.

I am making an adapter so I can connect an external source for 9 volts to the MUX battery contacts and not have to waste batteries while I figure this thing out. Later if it behaves I can go to batteries again.

Any further advice is very welcome.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts