Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok - So I ordered a C300 4-Matic in mid January for pick-up at the European Delivery Center in Stutgart in May. Today I am told that MB is closing the factory for a few weeks and that my car will not be ready!!! The new build date is the day after I am supposed to pick it up. The car is being made in Bremen and the pick up is in Stutgart so I can't get it when I am in Europe on a vacation that I have totally planned around picking up my new car!. You would think they could figure out how to have a car ordered in mid January ready for pick up 4-months later. They will loan me a car to use in Europe, but it is just not going to be the same. I am totally bummed out!:mad:

·
Registered
2001 CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
686 Posts
Ok - So I ordered a C300 4-Matic in mid January for pick-up at the European Delivery Center in Stutgart in May. Today I am told that MB is closing the factory for a few weeks and that my car will not be ready!!! The new build date is the day after I am supposed to pick it up. The car is being made in Bremen and the pick up is in Stutgart so I can't get it when I am in Europe on a vacation that I have totally planned around picking up my new car!. You would think they could figure out how to have a car ordered in mid January ready for pick up 4-months later. They will loan me a car to use in Europe, but it is just not going to be the same. I am totally bummed out!:mad:
If they are going to loan you a car - without charge - be happy with that, drive as much and as fast as possible - and then take delivery of your brand-new car whenever it arrives at home. Don't let them ruin your planned vacation in Europe....

·
Registered
C 230 2008 7 Speed, Silver
379 Posts
Don't say this too loudly or everyone will want the same deal. :)

Shift your vacation dates by a week and consider yourself lucky.:D

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,429 Posts
I've been planning to pick up my car from Sindelfingen next week. It was yesterday that the German web site introduced the info about days when no factory visits are possible. This is from 30th of March to 17th of April at Bremen and 6th to 17th of April. I assume this means the production is not ongoing at least at a scale making factory visits reasonable.

I assume the customer centre is still open but if your car is not ready, that does not help and missing the factory tour would anyway be a pity.

Would they close factory visits if a new model is at production? I thought there would be plenty of space to organise a factory tour to a part where published models are being built.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts