Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"The DaimlerChrysler chairman fell victim of a bug in the Mercedes Benz navigation system. While he was driving in Stuttgart, a city that the MB nav system should know inside and out, the nav kept telling him to turn around as he was driving. “I realized only after the third time that there was a problem,� he said. Schrempp say the problems stem from giving suppliers too much responsibiliy for product development."

He's lucky he didn't end up in Munich (BMW Headquarters), a lake or some ditch. LOL

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
If he drives like my Dutch friend Arco, it would have been telling him to turn around because he was doing about a hundred kph the wrong way down a one way street![:D] That man has made a Renault C-5 do things no car should ever do.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
02 G500
2,254 Posts
he should be happy he is the state the navi works in!

I once use mine in gulf shore alabama... said "you are off road, please turn around" as we are cruzing down the highway at 80mph...

I wish we could get a group buy going on the new updated one disk for the hole usa.

·
Registered
2006 BMW X5 / 07' 55k coming
246 Posts
Could of been worse, he could of broken down and not made the shareholders meeting at all..LOL's, on second thought maybe that is what he should have wished for, considering the reception he got..!

·
Registered
111.010 121.942 202.033
1,850 Posts
Kerr - 4/7/2005 1:35 PM

he should be happy he is the state the navi works in!

I once use mine in gulf shore alabama... said "you are off road, please turn around" as we are cruzing down the highway at 80mph...

I wish we could get a group buy going on the new updated one disk for the hole usa.
I have a friend that works for NavTech. The map data changes constantly. I bought the entire 04 set back in October for $165ish. Look around, there are deals out there already.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, 500, the Nav system could have saved him from the catastrophic disaster he met in that room with the shareholders. [:D]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts