Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i have a 300e 86 if we are traveling more than 30+ and if you slam on brakes there is a scraping noise. we guessed it was the ABS but it isn't a tap tap it is a contionuous noise. sometimes on left side and sometimes on right . sometimes on both any ideas? could it be abs? its onlywhen brakes appied hard.<br> just had a mech. to put on rotors and brake pads. front and back. about 1 month ago. ? any idea's my uncle is in town would really like to get some idea's going when hes around cuz he knows more then me and can help me fig it out.<br> <br> <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I have no idea if this will help, but I'll give it a shot. Is it a metallic grinding noise?If it is, this is what happened with my car. I took it into the dealer and they said that the small pins that hold the brake pad in place came loose and allowed the brake pads to move around causing that scraping noise. They fixed it for free. So whoever did your brakes may have not put those pins in all the way or something...or they just decided to back out. I could be right or waaay off, but I thought I'd try since no one else has to this point! Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts