Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my damaged beyond repair side to side actuator on my schmidt 3.4 Does anyone know who makes the cylinder or have one for sale. I have a large gouge on the cylinder that damaged part of my inner hosing.

·
Registered
Sold .....1987 U1250 Unimog
1,005 Posts
Why not just call Schmidt in NA.. which is actually Wausau everest
Last time I checked they were about 1200 new. Another option would be to see if a hydrolic repair place can fix it. I know mine would tig the gouge and then grind it smooth on his lath - grinder... other then a change in color from the stainless rod he uses to fill in the gouge you can't tell... And a seal kit your good as new..

Snow Removal Equipment | Municipal & Airport Snow Removal Equipment | Ice Control | Wausau Everest

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the cylinder at a machine shop right now getting an estimate. The proper i had was whoever tried to dismantle the cylinder earlier look it apart without smoothing the gouge. This damage the inner sleeve in the main housing, which is harder to repair. I did call Schmidt, and $1200 for a cylinder is very steep. I have purchased much large more complex cylinders in the past for way less then that. I was just trying to find an equal replacement that doesn't cost half the price of what the plow is worth.

·
Registered
1973 416 Doka, 1978 416 Doka, 1980 416 Doka..... Help me, I can't stop buying them!!!
2,627 Posts
Did you check Surplus center to see if they had something that would match. They seem to have just about all sizes. check out their website, you might find one to match.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked them. Unfortunately the ony telescoping cylinders they have are too long. This seem to be an ongoing problem. I do appreciate the link, they have alot of good stuff on their site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts