Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone should know this guy is a SCAMMER!!! He's trying to scam my best friend in Tampa. He's not willing to return the deposit of $2000 eventhough it doesnt state anything about a non-refundable deposit on the auction. He wants to take my friends money via wire and doesnt even want to deal with an escrow. Apparently he needs his money ASAP and cant even come up with a copy of a title!!!

DO NOT purchase or deal with this person if you ever see this vehicle on e-bay or online again!!!

P.S- The guys name Sven Rauhut and his phone number is 562-598-2925. I have his address if anyone would like to help out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4546601863&category=31854

·
Registered
6 Posts
It started on Ebay for 14998$ buy it now. When I called his number to tell him I would buy it now He said he would knock 500 off to buy it directly from him. I agreed. He then really got me good by taking the 2000 down and then telling me he was shipping it the next day and needed the money asap. I told him I would put it in an escrow account with his bank and he said he did not think I would be paying him. After I explaned what an escrow was he said he needed the money IMMEDIETLY! I said is that the only money you have in this world and he said he just had to have it right away. When I said no and that I wanted my money back he said no that I had to pay for making him take it off line. Later that day some guy called me telling me he was the trucker and if he was still going to bring the truck to me. I asked him if he had talked to the seller and he said no. How would he have come up with that on his own? I just warn you be carful what you buy online.[xx(]

·
Registered
1987 300GD, 1987 300TD, 1991 300TE, 1992 300TE 4M, 1968 Citroen AK250, 1991 VW Syncro Camper
494 Posts
Sorry to hear about this mess. Have you contacted Ebay to see what they can do to help? Adam

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya ... he ended the auction and sold it to him off e-bay. [B)]

·
Registered
1987 300GD, 1987 300TD, 1991 300TE, 1992 300TE 4M, 1968 Citroen AK250, 1991 VW Syncro Camper
494 Posts
Yikes,

How about contacting his local district attorney's office and see what they have to say?

ITs not looking good though, eh?

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alaskagwagen - 5/11/2005 11:51 PM

Yikes,

How about contacting his local district attorney's office and see what they have to say?

It's not looking good though, eh?
I'm sure we'll figure out what to do ... either way he will regret what he's doing.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
You Were Warned Here

If you go back to the original thread about this truck here on the forum, you will note that a warning was given about this guy.

DO report him to Ebay! Leave strong negative feedback for him on Ebay, too!!

·
Registered
98 C-230, 07 C-280 4matic
82 Posts
I saw the picture, did you ever get the vehicle and the title? Was it in OK condition if you did get it?

You have to be really frustrated and sounds like you have every right to be.

·
Registered
280ge
574 Posts
so are you saying this guy does not own this vehicle??. Having read his feedback I see 2 negative, both regarding vehicles. Does this mean the positive feedback is a lie??. Somebody must know this vehicle or have seen it around.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Didn't know this was our old friend Sven

Search this forum for the key word "sven" and you'll find lots going back years. Sadly E-bay allows these snakes to conceal their identities and actually supports continuing this kind of behavoiur.

Maybe some of the rehetoric from this list (in the form of contacting other folks he's scammed - not personal editorial opinions) might help your friend with legal action or to keep him off E-bay. But both are highly unlikely.

Good luck and sorry your friend found out the hard way. Somewhere in the posts you find above you'll probably find me lamenting that we can't link all E-bay G-wagen ads to this list for information. We would have saved many people bad experiences by now.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
G320,G-Cabrio,Brabus G300GE
781 Posts
RE: Didn't know this was our old friend Sven

Hipine - 5/12/2005 10:44 AM

Somewhere in the posts you find above you'll probably find me lamenting that we can't link all E-bay G-wagen ads to this list for information. We would have saved many people bad experiences by now.

-Dave G.
Concerning this person selling this specific G-wagen, I had asked memebers what they thought about it, before I would had purchased it for my wife.

I took the advice of the warning, because of the experiance members here have of the G-wagen world located here in the United States and abroad.

Is it possible we can start a CONSUMER BEWARE LINK, and list members to be aware of certain indiviuals that use the G-wagen for their own personal gains and scams?

Thank you,

Van

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
Warnings

Saigon76nyc - 5/12/2005 2:47 PM

Hipine - 5/12/2005 10:44 AM

Somewhere in the posts you find above you'll probably find me lamenting that we can't link all E-bay G-wagen ads to this list for information. We would have saved many people bad experiences by now.

-Dave G.
Concerning this person selling this specific G-wagen, I had asked memebers what they thought about it, before I would had purchased it for my wife.

I took the advice of the warning, because of the experiance members here have of the G-wagen world located here in the United States and abroad.

Is it possible we can start a CONSUMER BEWARE LINK, and list members to be aware of certain indiviuals that use the G-wagen for their own personal gains and scams?

Thank you,

Van
This would not be recommended at all. In this litgatious society, you'd be just asking for a lawsuit for libel or slander if you made a public list.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
Totally agree with Dutch

I mean, the simple fact is, the information is available and accessable already. You can't swing a dead cat on Google without getting hitting BWF in a search for "gelaendewagen", or "G-wagen".

Anyone interested in getting information before they buy can get it now. I don't think any kind of "list" would be any more likely to help anyone than the existing resources like BWF, CGW, the Yahoo groups, etc.

Notwithstanding the fact it's mostly illegal and much too fine a line to tread, in my opinion.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
1980 LWB 280GE
3,504 Posts
But what's the real problem?

Could cooler heads work the situation out? I mean, if the truck is something you were going to be happy with, could you still be? A plane ticket to fly to him, transact for cash face to face, and drive it home would probably be cheaper than the shipping cost and take all the mistrust out of the picture.

I just hate to see bad situations escalate when they might be diffused for a lot less total heartache for all involved.

A certain ammount of the bed to lie in may be already made, but there are still choices to be made from this point forward to determine how past events effect the future.

Bottom line is, we all feel for you, but you seem like a potential G-enthusiast in the making and we'd hate to loose one.

-Dave G.

·
Registered
Mercedes "M32"
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RE: But what's the real problem?

Well my friend will still get a G either way and so will I later on down the road, it's just that he did infact really want this particular mint 79. We are afraid at this point though that the truck may not even exist if he cant come up with a copy of the title EVEN after he said it was sitting in his safety deposit box at the bank next door to him.

·
Registered
2000 G500 NMLE
6,977 Posts
"Mint"?!??!!

MLOffRoad - 5/12/2005 6:34 PM

Well my friend will still get a G either way and so will I later on down the road, it's just that he did infact really want this particular mint 79. We are afraid at this point though that the truck may not even exist if he cant come up with a copy of the title EVEN after he said it was sitting in his safety deposit box at the bank next door to him.
Knowing that particular seller and where that truck most likely came from, I'd bet that the only thing "mint" about it is the top coat; and I am not a betting man. [xx(]

·
Registered
'03 G 500, '06 Cayman S
95 Posts
The phone MLOffRoad gives above is a Seal Beach, CA number. The photo with the woman is taken in Seal Beach. I spend a lot of time in Seal Beach, but have never seen this vehicle.

Any suggestions on what could be done to help MLOffRoad if this guy can be located?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts