Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awesome collection of pics once again! I have a question. On the arms that reach back to the frame there are 2 tabs with holes in them. What is their intended purpose? And also the little bucket that is in the plate and the frame where you put the pin through? Is that just a spot for a strap/chain or does it serve a higher purpose? Just wondering. Thanks!

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
Any places where we can get a plate of this sort in northcom ?

Is it something that is stock or custom made for every different models of Mogs ?

Height adjustable ?

Would those be considered cat 5 ?

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
Awesome collection of pics once again! I have a question. On the arms that reach back to the frame there are 2 tabs with holes in them. What is their intended purpose? And also the little bucket that is in the plate and the frame where you put the pin through? Is that just a spot for a strap/chain or does it serve a higher purpose? Just wondering. Thanks!
the "2 tabs with holes in them" are for retracting the plate so it is angled back,

you pull out the lower pins, push the arms up until they are level with the holes in the plate just beneath the top pins & push the plate back, the ends arms then stick out ~2" threw the holes & the "2 tabs with holes in them" then line up with the holes for the lower pins in the plate, you then put the pins back in so they pass threw the plate & the tabs which lock the plate in its angled back off-road position. :thumbsup: however I have never had to angle mine back as there is still 17” under the lowest point of the plate (u1600 on 365/80R20 XZL‘s)

the centre pin is just for towing, as the left (looking from front) catching hook interferes with using a towing pole (turning right)

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
I just have been quoted 1000$ for the plate, 2 rods and the 2 other "thingy".

Seems like a good price ?

considering that Nutzfahrzeuge Kindermann sells it for 539 Euros

and 169 Euros for each "thingy", plus shipping

·
Registered
1983 U1200 (parted out), 1979 U1700L
891 Posts
Did you use paint or decals?

Looks good, suits the truck.

·
Registered
U1600AG + a LR 90
995 Posts
Hi,

I used paint, 2” masking tape & a brush.

Just an industrial/agri coach enamel paint rather than a florescent Two-pack.

I have just got to make a centre bumper at some point though I may just keep that as black

·
Registered
U1600Ag
1,357 Posts
I just realized that the two "thingy" I was referring to are used as receivers for hooks/tabs from the implement. Please pardon my newbiness

...which lock the plate in its angled back off-road position

Any pics of that setup ? Does it give you back your full 46 degrees approach angle ?

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts