Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
00 E320 T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Anaheim for a trade show and heard about a gathering of gear heads on Saturday called "Cars and Coffee" It worked with my schedule so I was able to spend some time there last Saturday. If you live in SoCal or will be there anytime you should go to this show. It doesn't cost a thing unless you get a coffee and the cars that attend are amazing! One I thought I'd mention was the brand new CLK AMG-DTM! This was #33 of 100 and it actually has 2 VIN #'s-second is issued at AMG raceshop. It is not legal in CA so the owner has to get one trip passes to go anywhere in it. It appeared that it is mostly carbon fibre,factory roll cage, racing shells (leather upolstered)carbon wing,spoiler,diffuser,etc , 5.5 ltr V8 and I did not hear if it's supercharged or turbo'd but I think it's a blown engine-no info on BHP. I was blown away to just see this at a casual gathering- along with the 5 gullwings, ultra rare Ferrari's and even a F-1 Ferrari and a LeMans prototype.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
I think those are 305AMG's rides.

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
"Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters", it is a touring car racing series based in Germany.

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Musikmann said:
What does DTM stand for please?
Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters.

I think the CLK-DTM is naturally aspirated (at least in the races), but I read that the ones being sold were supercharged.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
When you're posting, scroll all the way down and you'll see an option to manage attachments, click on that, and then click the browse button and browse your computer and select the picture, then click on UPLOAD and it will upload the pic for you and will be displayed in your thread/reply when you post it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1997 E420
300 Posts
cascade said:
"Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisters", it is a touring car racing series based in Germany.
It can also be translated as "German NASCAR." The street CLK DTM bears about as much resemblance to a DTM racer as a Chevy Monte Carlo to a NASCAR racer.

That being said, I'd still love to get my hands on a CLK DTM. It's an extraordinary car and very rare.

·
Registered
00 E320 T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
amcnair said:
It can also be translated as "German NASCAR." The street CLK DTM bears about as much resemblance to a DTM racer as a Chevy Monte Carlo to a NASCAR racer.

That being said, I'd still love to get my hands on a CLK DTM. It's an extraordinary car and very rare.

They make a whole lot more Monte Carlo's than the CLK-DTM- only 100 will be built with a precious few making it over here so I think I'd go with the CLK-DTM as well.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
WOAH!!!!

HOT DAMN, that is one of my DREAM CARS man, thanks for the pics!!!

I've seen a video with that car before and it was the same old guy in there who owns it. I would take that car over a Murcielago which is one of my favorite cars of all time, possibly even over a Veyron...nah...nah not the Veyron, but I'll take a CLK DTM AMG over an ENZO, an SLR, basically anything other than a Veyron.

I just love the design of that DTM car man, it's so unique that people will think it's just a regular CLK unless they're in the know.

Definitely a cool car man!!

·
Registered
00 E320 T
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'll see if I can find some of the other shots of the interior and other angles to post-the interior is VERY trick.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
Yea man pics of the interior would be awesome! :D

·
Registered
1996 Silver C36
543 Posts
But at least a DTM racer can turn right hand corners as well as left!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts