Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1989 500SL (R129);2001 R170 230SLK; 1992 320CE
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what Gullwings retail for here in the UK but it`s a lot of money.... £150,000 upwards so it`s very rare to see one out and about on public roads. In fact I`ve never seen one except at Mercedes concours days or in museums.

Until today, when I spotted one on the outskirts of Guildford.

Are they just as rare a sight on public roads in other parts of the world?

·
Registered
03SL55AMG,2008 F430spider
215 Posts
SSL said:
Not sure what Gullwings retail for here in the UK but it`s a lot of money.... £150,000 upwards so it`s very rare to see one out and about on public roads. In fact I`ve never seen one except at Mercedes concours days or in museums.

Until today, when I spotted one on the outskirts of Guildford.

Are they just as rare a sight on public roads in other parts of the world?
i

Yes indeed...it is very rare to see a gullwing on the road

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
44,119 Posts
A bit more common here in the show off capital of the World but still rare. I have seen Gullwings on public roads six times, and for some reason mostly on Sundays. Saw a very rare 250 GTO Berlinetta LM last week. There used to be a shop in Encino that specialized in restoring 300 SL convertible and gullwing. I would make it a habit to have a look arount every other week. A Friend is restoring a BMW 507 Roadster. What a beauty. Cheerio, Teutone (aka Horst K)

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,947 Posts
Wow. I thought it was wild when I saw a new Bentley and a Ford GT on public roads in Flint, MI. That is an impressive as I've seen around here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts