Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided it was time to put satellite radio in my 2K CLK 430 and got a disapointing surprise. As far as I can tell, you can wire an aftermarket satellite radio into every car but a Mercedes. (That's unless you want to buy a new, 2005 model with sat. radio factory installed) The only option appears to be those lousy sounding radios that transmit to an unused FM channel. Somebody tell me I'm wrong. Does anyone make an aftermarket sat. radio for me?

·
Registered
03' SL500
180 Posts
Using a cassette adapter, I’ve successfully installed 2 XM units into both my MB’s., a 97’ E420 and a 01’ E55. The wires are all neatly installed behind the radio panel and the XM MYFI units are fastened to the dash using the kits vent adapter. Antenna are rear roof mounted with wiring routed around rear window rubber trim, into trunk behind and under back seat, through center console and up into XM unit. If you don’t have a cassette then an inline FM modulator unit could be used taping into the rear radio antenna connection. Once you go XM you’ll never go back to CD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts